Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Constellation Chronometer ‘Pie Pan’ Deluxe, BA 168.5415, 18ct case and dial, superb condition

1. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 19, 2015

Morning all

It is with a really heavy heart I have to part with this one, it really is, I had planned on keeping it but we have just been whacked with a whopping bill for work on the house so needs must as other stuff isn't moving.

FullSizeRender.jpg

With this in mind I am offering this beauty up for sale, Ive done my research on these Pie Pans and especially these Dennison cased ones (thanks to Andrews research via Dennis’s site)

IMG_9477.JPG

This really is a very good example, by very good I think it is genuinely as good as they come, I haven't had it serviced, although it is running strongly and I opted not to get it refinished (although happy to do this at my cost for the new buyer should they wish it)

IMG_9478.JPG

It is showing very little wear as you can see from the images, the case is 18K solid gold, as is the case back, the dial is also solid 18K pie pan and matches the case perfectly. It is an English made Dennison case, they really are simply outstanding quality as any one who knows pie pans will know. The watch shows very little wear, there are a few light marks on the case back and a couple of very light tool marks but these could be easily removed.

IMG_9473.JPG

The watch is currently fitted on NOS Gemex grey band but will also be supplied with the pictured near NOS peccary bands with period gold plated buckles.

This is a really very special watch, it wears beautifully, the movement is mint with no loss of plating and I have checked with Andrew (who is Dennison expert) and the serial number makes it one of the magic 100000 and dates it in the Dennison archive to May 1965

IMG_9476.JPG

I am looking for what I hope and others will feel is a very fair £2250 shipped RMSD or International signed for, for those wanting me to ship abroad I am happy to provide other shipping services at your cost.

IMG_9480.JPG

18K Dennison pie pans really don’t come up very often and certainly not examples like this one, if it doesn’t sell it will go back in the watch box and I will take another route.

Payment by BT or PP (gift or you cover fees), not looking for trades as I need to pay the bill for the golden nugget I have just also picked up.

Thanks Tom

2. NT931 Nov 19, 2015

Stunning watch :thumbsup: GLWTS!

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 19, 2015

Whoa ::love::::love::::love:: glwys

4. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 19, 2015

Thanks chaps

It really is a wonderful piece, i have really never seen one in this condition and the movement is utterly beautiful and complete immaculate and original

5. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 19, 2015

Wondering: is this a cal. 564 or 561?

6. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 19, 2015

It the non quick date 561 it is a 24million serial number and according to the case reference number (355160) it dates to May 1965

7. italy1861 Nov 19, 2015

::love::::love:: Damn, beautiful example. GLWS!