Forums Latest Members
  1. lhs1978 Oct 25, 2017

Hi,

I'm after some advice re the below watch that I've found for sale on Gumtree.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-view-details.html?adId=1161231013

I'm just after some general thoughts and feedback re condition, price (value) etc from people that know an awful lot more about these watches than I do.

I've visited Desmond's Omega Constellation blog to conduct some research and have reached out to him. However, he's overseas and he suggested I post a thread here to ask for some help and advice.

Thanks in advance,
    Lee

mikechi22 likes this.
  2. fjf Oct 25, 2017

Looks like a nice watch from here and those (not very good) pics. If you like it, go for it. If you tried auctions (ie ebay) you might get something similar a bit cheaper, but that takes time and patience. Here we think that is part of the fun!. Mine (a 168.017, not the same model):

[​IMG]

Edited Oct 25, 2017
    mikechi22 likes this.
  3. TropicConnie Oct 25, 2017

Looks fine to me, and worthwhile if the seller can provide receipts of the 'recent' service (some sellers use the subjective term 'recent' to mean in the last decade).

4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure these can still be had for several hundred less.

5. ConElPueblo Oct 25, 2017

Agree. Rather high price and as @TropicConnie says, a receipt for that service is a must. A yellow gasket is not confidence-inspiring...

TropicConnie likes this.
  6. lhs1978 Oct 28, 2017

So I went back to the seller to ask for some better, more detailed images and for any paperwork, receipts etc. He promptly told me to stop annoying him. Go figure. Needless to say I won't be buying it. Thanks everyone for your help.

TropicConnie and ConElPueblo like this.