Forums Latest Members
  1. viasuki Aug 9, 2018

Hi All,

I know this problem may have been discussed already but I just cannot seem to find the answer to the question.
    The problem is I got this Omega Constellation Cal.561 and I tried to wind the time just to set the date
    (without knowing that the date should be change during 2 am - 8 pm or, as said in other place, 9 pm - 3 am).
    At first, the date changed for 1 day but then as I went on nothing happened.
    However, the watch still works fine it just the date that doesn't change.

So I would like to ask (before I go to the repair shop) :
    - What do you think is wrong with it? Did I broke something?
    - Does anyone know exactly how (or in what time position) to change the date for Cal. 561?

For reference, I also attached a picture here.
    (Please don't be harsh on my decision of getting the watch that has been redialed -
    I know and I still love it nonetheless)

Thank you so much in advance

38689547_207532176774148_1631555640780390400_n.jpg
  2. BenBagbag Aug 9, 2018

Are you saying that if you keep twisting it forward, the date never changes? If so, sounds like it is broken. I'm no watchmaker so that's all I could tell you.

The date should start to change somewhere between 10-11 and fully turn over at 12am.

There is a semi-quickset feature, where if you change the time from 9 "pm" to 12 "am and then back to 9, then forward to 12, it should change the date again.

OLSKER and viasuki like this.
  3. viasuki Aug 10, 2018

Yes that's exactly it. Ok I'll keep in mind to use the semi-quickset feature.

May I ask is it vital to wait until it's around 9 to change the date?
    I shouldn't wind the watch from 6 am/6pm to change the date because that may cause the watch to be broken again?

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Aug 10, 2018

There’s a bit of misunderstanding here.

The watch should change date automatically as it passes through midnight.
    If it doesn’t, it requires a service.

The semi-quickset feature to set the date (9-12) is meant to save you from having to advance the watch through 24 hours to change the date.

However, you can still use the traditional method if you want to without causing any damage to the watch.

5. kaisiang098 Aug 10, 2018

The Cal. 561 doesnt have set date, so that issue doesnt apply to it. Like @Peemacgee said, if the date doesnt change as it passes through 12am then it would require a service to fix the problem.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 10, 2018

This "rule" only applies to watches that have a quick setting date feature. That does not exist on the Cal. 560, 561, or 562. It only appeared starting with the Cal. 563, so you didn't do anything wrong. If the date is not advancing as the watch goes past midnight, then it's not working properly - when was the watch last serviced?

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  7. viasuki Aug 11, 2018

Thank you for your reply!

Actually, I had to set the date because when I got the watch it said "12" on the dial although the date I got it was 9th August.
    so I tried to wind the watch to the correct date. It only changed to "13" and then nothing happened...
    That's why I think I may have broken it (or maybe the watch was not that clean from the start).
    Now, I'm just worried whether I have caused a serious issue or it's a common issue T___T
    I hope it can be fixed.

I hope the problem is not something very serious.

8. OLSKER Jun 12, 2022

+1

9. MtV Jun 12, 2022

After almost 4 years, I’m sure the OP will be happy to see one more person confirm this. ;)

Gav1967 and OLSKER like this.
  10. Zapatta Jun 12, 2022

Wonder what he got for sale :whistling:

11. Pvt-Public Jun 12, 2022

Probably got whatever it is from an “uncle”.

12. OLSKER Jun 12, 2022

I’d set my watch and warrant by it!