Forums Latest Members
  1. mpzombie Mar 1, 2016

Hi,

I have a 168.009 Omega Constellation C 18K gold case and bracelet, automatic movement cal.564

On the dial the name Constellation is on top of a Gold Star, on the back of the case the famous medallion featuring an observatory crowned by a constellation of eight stars. I´ve been told that these eight stars evokes the numerous exploits of Omega in word chronometer competition (probably some of you can provide a better explanation of the meaning of the eight stars).

I believe this is the model from 1966, it belongs to my grandpa who bought it in Italy, it still have the originals, case and bracelet it have never been restored or serviced but still in perfect conditions. The bracelet is a little worn off.

It has been pointed out from my dad that this watch it also has the inside machine made of gold, I have not check this out yet but I would like to know if some of you knows a lot about this model and can confirm these.

The watch belongs to my grandpa who gave it to my dad and now I inherited. I´m not sure yet but I´m thinking that I might sell it, but before that I would like to gather all the information I can, so I don´t get ripped off but also ask for a realistic price.

I really appreciate all the suggestions that you guys can provide and also some estimations of what is his value. Here are some pictures.

Thanks,

Mario.

[​IMG]

IMG-20160223-WA0007.jpg IMG-20160223-WA0025.jpg IMG-20160223-WA0024.jpg IMG-20160223-WA0004.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the photos I would take better ones later.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 1, 2016

Firstly, welcome.
    Secondly, if it has never been serviced, STOP WEARING IT. you are doing damage to the movement.
    Thirdly, no, the insides are not made of gold.
    Fourth, do you really want to sell such a special watch, from your grandfather, to your father to you? Its a great heirloom, that you could give to your children or grandchildren.

ahartfie and mpzombie like this.
  3. mpzombie Mar 1, 2016

Hi thanks for your answer, I´m not wearing it, for the moment is kept in a safe, I know what you mean and I do think same, this could be a great heirloom to my children that´s what I say I´m not sure yet if I´m going to sell it, on the other hand sadly I live in a country where you cannot wear this kind of watch and having this just collecting dust it seems such a big waste. This is one of the reasons I´m considering on my next trip to the United States that I might sell it but before making this decision I would like to have as much information as I can.

tjips likes this.