Forums Latest Members

Omega Constellation 'c' In Bi-color Pink/white Gold

1. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 2, 2012

Respectable Members

For some while, this friend of mine has a bi-color Omega Constellation 'C' in solid 18k pink and white gold.

The wine-color dial's furniture and bezel are in white gold, while the main-case, back-cover and winding-crown are in pink gold.

It is model reference 168008, housing a movement caliber 564 and he reckons it is a mid-60's model.

Kindly advise whether there is such a watch in existence or it is a franken.

(My friend has given me 3 pictures of the watch. Unfortunately and strangely, I am not able to upload them. I can upload via email. If any respectable member can help, please email me: XXX XXXX XXXX at g mail dot com, no spacing please.)

Thank-you.
    111-1.jpg 222.jpg 333.jpg

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2012

Emailed

3. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 2, 2012

Respectable Member cicindela

Thanks and I shall respond.

Thank-you

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2012

Well that's certainly different! The case and dial are rose gold, but the dial furniture and bezel are white gold, is that right? I've never seen a two colour gold Constellation =\

Is it definitely white gold and not a stainless steel bezel that's been fitted to a rose gold Constellation?

5. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 3, 2012

Respectable Member dsio

Correct, the dial furniture plus the bezel are all in white gold, while the main-case and its back-cover plus the winding-crown are in pink.

I shall ask him, whether or not the bezel is stainless-steel, the next time around, when I meet up with him. After he showed me the watch, I told him it could be a franken and he was shocked. However, I have advised him to get the watch inspected, by the local Omega Boutique. It is worth paying a few dollars to get the watch certified genuine. Hopefully, he has done it.

Thank-you.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2012

Omega boutique really wouldn't know, its just not their department.

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Nov 3, 2012

Interesting, like a 1940s Hamilton, which usually had white figures with a rose (coral) case.

Never say never with Omega, but white gold bezels typically are seen with a serrated or coin edge top.

8. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 3, 2012

Respectable Member dsio

If Omega Boutique is unable to ascertain its authenticity, I shall ask him to take the watch to another watchmaker, who has been servicing and repairing Omega and Tissot watches, long before Omega Switzerland set up their showroom and service station, here in Sydney.

Thank-you.

9. seamonster Respectable Member Nov 3, 2012

DY9_3.JPG
    Respectable Member X350XJR

Some while ago, I brought to the attention of this forum of another watch, similar to my friend's. The only difference is, that watch comes in yellow and white gold. I was interested in it but changed my mind, when I discovered its dial had been refinished, though not badly done.

Recently the same watch re-appeared on eBay. Unfortunately there was no taker, still. I think the seller is reputable and his description of the watch seems to contain substance. Here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-CONST...925337412?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item27cbf1ab44Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

(Thank God. This time I tried to upload a pix, it is successful. Earlier on when I tried, the whole text disappeared.)

Probably, a very small number of this bi-color example is existence. Like what you said, 'never say never with Omega' (same applies to Rolex).

Thank-you.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2012

Very interesting

11. w.o.d.n.i.k Mar 28, 2014

hi, how much do you think bi metal constellation is worth?? I might have one for sale later this week and its also yellow gold and white gold bezel with white gold hour markers, like that one from the photo above, is it worth 1400GBP??
    many thanks
    M.

12. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 28, 2014

pictures please :)

13. w.o.d.n.i.k Mar 30, 2014

14. w.o.d.n.i.k Mar 31, 2014

what you think??

pitpro likes this.
  15. pitpro Likes the game. Mar 31, 2014

I like the 2 color.
    Is it solid gold?
    Trying to warm up to the C case

16. w.o.d.n.i.k Mar 31, 2014

yes, yellow gold case and white gold ring

17. w.o.d.n.i.k Mar 31, 2014

and also dial is not solid gold like some models, and hour markers are white