Forums Latest Members
  1. 7_Constellation Jul 8, 2019

Hi,
    I inherited an Omega Constellation 2648 watch from my dad who inherited the watch from her father. The watch is working great but I've been thinking about servicing it and I have the following questions in case some of you can help me out:
    1.- Do you know if there are parts available for this watch?
    2.- I live in Raleigh NC, do you know a reputable watch maker in the area who can service the watch?
    3.- If the watch is working well should I service it?
    I'm attaching some photos of the watch. I really appreciate your help with my questions!
    Thanks,

IMG_3150.JPG IMG_3153.jpg
  2. cristos71 Jul 8, 2019

Nice watch but it looks more like 2852 or maybe a 2782 than a 2648 due to the dial size and bezel.

3. 7_Constellation Jul 8, 2019

Thanks for your comment. I forgot to add that I'm not sure about the model #. I just saw a similar picture on the internet that had that model number. So according to you it's a 2852 or maybe a 2782. Any info about parts or service? thanks again!

4. cristos71 Jul 8, 2019

For a watchmaker proficient in vintage Omega in won't be a problem. I'd expect a calibre 354 if it's a 2782 or a 501 or a 505 if it's a 2852. Do you have a picture of the case back? All these if it is a snap back, if it is a screw back then it could even be an elusive 2887, although I haven't seen one with a waffle dial ( yet )

Anyway, parts are beginning to become an issue for vintage Omega but a good vintage watchmaker will possibly/hopefully have a stash and/or a parts account. Some parts are hard to find ( chronometer inscribed rotors for instance ) so then Ebay and parts watches come in handy

5. 7_Constellation Jul 8, 2019

Thank you so much for your help again!

6. Jcnst1 Jul 11, 2019

Greetings. I live in Wake Forest, so depending on where in Raleigh you are I’d recommend a place called Clocktiques. The owner is very knowledgeable and thorough, and I’ve taken several of my vintage pieces there for repair or service.

7. 7_Constellation Jul 12, 2019

Thank you so much for the information! I really appreciate your help.