Forums Latest Members
  1. fmatre Sep 5, 2017

I´m searching for a 16mm genuine steel buckle for my Omega Constellation 1967, but It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. eBay seems to be just reproductions/fake ones. I came over these two items, but not sure they are original either. What do the forum experts think? If there is someone out there who has one to sell, I appreciate if you contact me :)

Item 1:
    $_57-2.JPG
    $_57.JPG

Item 2:
    $_57-5.JPG

$_57-4.JPG
  2. Noddyman Sep 5, 2017

3. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 5, 2017

Exhibit A is circa 1960's

Exhibit B is circa 1950's

Some cross over for both

Tom

fmatre and mikechi22 like this.
  4. mikechi22 Sep 6, 2017

fmatre, omegastar and Mr Blond like this.
  5. fmatre Sep 6, 2017

I have looked into this thread and also other threads on omegaforums.net related to genuine Omega buckles. But still I´m not sure what to look for in regards to sorting out the fake ones. another thread here on Omegaforums indicates that all steel buckles with the text "Acierinox" in one word is all reproductions/none-orignals, the correct spelling should be "Acier Inox". In the thread linked above, many of the pictures clearly shows the text written in one word and not two. What is actually correct?

I have found this buckle from a online vintage shop, descriped as original omega buckle. But as you see the "AcierInox" text on the backside is written in one word. Does this mean its fake or does it look original? (See picture below)

39cf1a_3e909ac094e146018a68fc360bf9b93a~mv2_d_1350_1350_s_2.jpg

6. Noddyman Sep 6, 2017

I can understand your frustration as I went through the same dilemma when sourcing my buckles. In the end I decided patience was the answer and only when a buckle matched the sticky thread exactly did I pull the trigger. You could try sending the author of the thread a PM, he might be able to help.
    Good luck.

7. fmatre Sep 7, 2017

Thank you Noddyman

I contacted the seller who had buckle in the picture above, it turned out he also had it for sale on eBay. I sent him some questions and asked him if he knew if it was an original Omega buckle. This is the reply I got:

"sounds like your a real pro and you already know the answer to all your questions guess not eh? What about genuine buckles produced in the UK do they still have acier inox on the back? or if they were produced in mexico do they still have acier inox on the back?"

Afterwards I can see the seller seems to be rather known in here, eBay member "Fullywound", with a webpage with the same name.
    I think I'll stay away, better safe than sorry... :)

I will try PM the author to get som advice.

Again thanks for all help!

GuiltyBoomerang and ConElPueblo like this.
  8. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 7, 2017

Over-wound :D

9. Noddyman Sep 7, 2017

Yes that seller is also off my favourites list too.

I've got this going spare if your interested?
    It's a genuine 60's buckle which came on a Connie I bought a few months ago. You will notice a gold plated version of the same buckle in the sticky thread (towards the end).
    It's a 14mm version (not 16mm) so depending on lug width you will likely need a 18mm (14) tapered strap. Cousins sell these!
    The buckle is quite long so you need to make allowance with the strap length.
    I can include the 18mm lizard strap shown but the quality is not the best.
    I am guessing you are in the UK?
    PM me if interested.

Hope I am not breaking any forum rules here by offering to a fellow collector in need:)

IMG_0816.JPG IMG_0817.JPG IMG_0819.JPG