Forums Latest Members
  1. dilligaf24824 Oct 14, 2019

Hello everyone,

I was hoping you all can share some knowledge on this Omega Constellation. The watch belonged to my grandmother and she even had the original omega box along with some document of when it was last serviced in 1989.

Any info will be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

FullSizeRender.jpeg IMG_4958.JPG IMG_4960.JPG IMG_4961.JPG IMG_4962.JPG IMG_4958.JPG
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 14, 2019

Mid-1960's Omega Constellation. Probably a UK made case and bracelet under license from Omega. Here is a similar watch from a 1967 catalog.

[​IMG]

Watches like these are valued by gold content with maybe a few hundred for the movement. Not particularly popular today.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

3. Epictetus Oct 14, 2019

How could you possibly know all these watches? Is there a comprehensive database with pictures of every reference every made?

4. Walrus Oct 14, 2019

These guys have databases in their heads. They tell me reference numbers for watches I bought a day ago and already forgot the reference number. It is quite amazing here.

Epictetus and kkt like this.
  5. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Oct 14, 2019

Looks like it is powered by a 564, that means you can pull the crown out one more notch and the day jump forward.
    The intergrated bracelet is a big disadvantage every time it changes owners and looks like it has some streched/ damaged spots.

Value is estimated correctly by Gator.

Hijak likes this.
  6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 15, 2019

I don’t. I said it was similar. Probably not even the same case reference.

But it has an 18K gold case and dial, has a Milanese gold bracelet and round case without lugs.

In my business, we call that “close enough for government work”.
    gatorcpa

Epictetus, Waltesefalcon and Hijak like this.