Omega Constellation 18ct yellow gold - help please?

Hi Guys,

Love the forum! I'm looking to purchase an Omega Constellation 18ct watch from a friend and wanted to know it's approximate value. Can anyone please shed some light on it's specifications and value?

The total weight is 87.8g both strap and case are gold.

w1.jpg
w2.jpg

It really is 'mint' condition..

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Wow, that's certainly very different. Some of our grey haired Constellation fans will probably have the goods on this piece.

Some of our grey haired Constellation fans will probably have the goods on this piece.

Hey now, don't be going there whippersnapper.

(never thought I'd get to use that emoticon 😉 )

That's probably a 70's watch with a caliber from the 71x series inside. The primary value will be in the gold, then add a few hundred because it has a pretty nice movement inside. It's nearly certain that the internals will need to be cleaned & oiled so don't run the watch until you have that done. The look is dated but it is a nice watch. 👍 If you can pop off the back post a picture of the movement and inside of the caseback so we can see the numbers. That'll determine the exact year it was made.

These actually remind me a bit of the Patek Golden Ellipse in their styling and mesh bracelet, that's a very waffly waffle dial though.

Just in case you didn't get my email Rich, this is most likely a model BA 353.0010 which was the integrated bracelet version of watch head 153.0040. These snap on case models ar quite easy to separate and so I would take ULFs advice and pop the back off.

I'd go gold value plus 10% as I've noticed a bit of movement in these ultrathins of late.

Cheers

Desmond