Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Constellation 168.029 £800 price drop

1. DanT May 31, 2022

FS Omega Constellation Ref 168.029. This is a nice, original example, with a recently serviced 751 movement, complete with brick bracelet and correct end links. As I hope is clear from the pics, the 'C' case is very sharp, with a stunning original etched dial. Based on my research here on OF, I believe the fluted bezel is white gold - it reflects the light very differently to the rest of the steel case, which retains its sharp edges, bevels and brushed finish on top.

Dial - Correct applied Omega logo and script, applied indices, correct non-lumed handset. The silver engine turned dial has a lovely etched pattern, commonly found on this reference. It really catches the light. There are a couple of areas where the silvering has faded - around the '4' hour marker and date window.
    Case - Stainless steel case appears unpolished with sharp bevelled edges (see pics). From my research on OF threads, I believe the fluted bezel on this model is white gold, it definitely has a different sheen to the rest of the case. Omega signed crown and observatory medallion on reverse.
    Movement - 751 movement was serviced approximately 2 months ago by Simon Freese, keeping excellent time and all functions work properly, including day/date. This is a Spanish version - I understand these can be easily sourced and replaced with other versions.
    Bracelet - 1040 brick bracelet and no.18 end links. The bracelet has some stretch consistent with age.

Price - £950, which I believe to be a fair price given its been serviced and has the correct bracelet and end links, which are increasingly hard to source. Pay F&F payment, or bank transfer. Royal Mail SD within the UK included in price. I will consider offers from outside the UK, but extra postage cost and insurance at buyer's cost.

References here on OF, where I sold another Connie fairly recently.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/very-happy-with-constellation-from-dant.140657/

I've described the watch as accurately as possible, but please do ask if you have any questions - and if I'm incorrect in any aspect of the description, I hope knowledgeable OF members will correct me. Now the pics -

connie main 2.jpg connie main.jpg connie main 3.jpg connie wrist barcelet.jpg connie caseback medallion.jpg connie case 1.jpg connie crown.jpg bracelet.jpg connie caseback 1.jpg movement connie.jpg

Thanks for looking, and as always, thanks to OF for the space.

2. DanT Jun 6, 2022

Price reduction to £900 - which I think is a pretty good price considering this has been serviced and bracelet. Like to keep this in OF family if possible.

3. DanT Jun 12, 2022

I've been asked to supply some more photos so here goes -

This pic shows the nicks to the bezel that some have queried - the main one being between the 8 and 9 hour indices. Small nicks near 12 and the crown.

best dial shot.jpg

You can also see on the dial between 2 and 5 hour markers a darker area - this seems to be where the silvering has faded. This isn't particularly visible from other angles when the guilloche pattern catches the light, some more pics below

best dial shot.jpg

constellation dial good shot.jpg

guilloche other angle good.jpg

clasp.jpg

Hope that helps - to recap:
    original 'silky guilloche' dial and handset, white gold bezel, correct crown fitted at recent service (including full movement service by Simon Freese) sharp, unpolished case, correct 1040 bracelet and end links. From the movement serial number tables available on Desmond's website, the 31239XXX serial would put this around 1969. The bracelet has some stretch, the clasp is scratched and there are imperfections as mentioned above - but this is an honest Connie thats been serviced and has all the quality you'd expect from an Omega of this vintage.

Thanks for looking and to OF once more for the space.

4. DanT Jun 18, 2022

Lots of interest but still available - so weekend bump, price now £900

Geme81 likes this.
  5. DanT Jun 25, 2022

Final price drop to £850 - will give this another couple of days as it would be nice to keep this among Omega enthusiasts if possible!

unxsr likes this.
  6. DanT Jul 10, 2022

Final call - £800 or nearest offer to see if this can stay with the Omega family.

unxsr likes this.