Forums Latest Members
  1. JDMdenon Apr 2, 2018

Hi all,
    So I've been pondering over this Conny from an ebay seller 'closer0924'. I've done my research and it seems to match up with others I have seen on the same reference. The movement is a .564 which I have found to be dated to 1970 which according to Desmonds write up on the c shaped conny seems to be correct.

I've posted some pictures, would be helpful to get an additional appraisal of some chaps for peace of mind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Many thanks in advance,
    Will look forward to your responses!

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 2, 2018

Closer's prices are pretty good on these but everyone I see will need service. I was watching one that ended yesterday. The one you're looking at appears to have some damage to the dial. All the one's I was looking at had bracelets that were too short to go around my wrist so keep that in mind also.

Noddyman likes this.
  3. JDMdenon Apr 2, 2018

I cant see much damage to the dial, but the glass doesn't seem to be in great shape. Surely there's the possibility of a replacement glass?

4. JDMdenon Apr 2, 2018

I'm not too sure on what a sensible price is for one of these in good condition, but I did factor in a service to the overall price

5. JSal16 Apr 2, 2018

6. Noddyman Apr 2, 2018

I initially thought the dial was damaged but when viewed from the side you can see the scratches on the crystal. I expect most of those scratches will polish out with Polywatch so maybe no need for a glass.
    The rotor has been rubbing on the caseback and judging by the state of the seal I don’t expect it’s been addressed recently. As @efauser says check the bracelet length, I have fallen foul to that one before.

Edited Apr 2, 2018
  7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 2, 2018

After further review, it appears to be in the crystal.

8. JDMdenon Apr 2, 2018

So what do you rekon chaps? Is it worth pulling the trigger? Spoke to my watch repairer and he said £95+parts. It will probably end up being a £600 put into it all together.

9. turbo_muc Apr 2, 2018

dial looks fine to me and the case looks sharp and unpolished. The scratches in the crystal can be easily polished out with Polywatch. If its the original bracelet price looks ok to me.

JDMdenon likes this.
  10. lando Apr 2, 2018

It is still possible the case is polished. At least the bezel looks sunburst-brushed manually to me.

11. mikechi22 Apr 2, 2018

I bought a C-case Connie from a respected watch repair guy / dealer here on OF. It cost me $720, including the service, a new ostrich strap and shipping.

JDMdenon likes this.
  12. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Apr 2, 2018

Remember about the bracelet. It's less than 7" in length, including the watch.

JDMdenon likes this.
  13. JDMdenon Apr 2, 2018

Got a small ish wrist but will check!