Forums Latest Members
  1. Jeroensv Mar 8, 2017

Hello all,

I recently bought a Omega Constellation 168.017 from what I can find. Am I correct?
    Watch looks all original to me, the original 1040/518 bracelet is included. The only thing I am not really sure about is the crown.

The only problem I have now is I can't open the caseback, watch is running nicely but I want to see the serial on the movement. The caseback is really stuck, does anyone have tips or tricks to open is without damaging the watch?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ahartfie likes this.
  2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 8, 2017

Take it to a watchmaker.

Jeroensv and JimInOz like this.
  3. ConElPueblo Mar 8, 2017

Instant glue a socket on the back, twist it off after drying.

Afterwards, remove the gasket from the case back and put the case back and socket in acetone. Remove the socket from the case back after some time and clean off glue residue.

...That medallion isn't glued on, is it? :D

Jeroensv likes this.
  4. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 8, 2017

Does @Pahawi tool fit the C-case?

Jeroensv likes this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 8, 2017

No

Jeroensv and STANDY like this.
  6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 8, 2017

If you have these three, start from the left and work up to the case opener on the right.

COam.JPG

If that doesn't work, use this tool.

COProf.JPG

If that doesn't work, or if you don't have one, do this.

TNTwatch, ahartfie, Jeroensv and 2 others like this.
  7. Jeroensv Mar 8, 2017

Thanks all for the replies, @JimInOz I tried the first 3. Don't have the last one, so I will try the last option or I will take it to a watchmaker to see is he's able to open the case.

@ConElPueblo I don't think the medallion is glued on the caseback, I should be able to find a socket which is bigger than the medallion itself....

8. BartH Follows a pattern of overpaying Mar 8, 2017

One on the left looks like a dubious sex toy. :cautious:

Jeroensv likes this.
  9. ConElPueblo Mar 8, 2017

I realise it may sound like a bit of a bodge, but I've used the method a couple of times and IMO it is very gentle on the caseback and everything cleans up nicely afterwards. No risk of scratching, all torque is evenly distributed over the metal and the grip surface is quite large, so often you can use your hands to twist if of with.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought so :p

Jeroensv likes this.
  10. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 8, 2017

The nut/superglue is great for very unusual casebacks and ones that are obstinate. I haven't had to use it before but it's always on my emergency procedure checklist.

The "sex toy" is simply a "Kong" dog treat toy, somebody here gave me the idea last year.
    All of my real sex toys are locked up in my Gimp locker, too dangerous to leave on the bench. :D

TheKomoman, BartH and Jeroensv like this.