Forums Latest Members

Omega constellation 14902 broad arrow ebay listing: advice

1. Ocelot Nov 8, 2014

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271577716458?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

the above link is for a broad arrow Connie with a 561 caliber.
    the seller seems to have a lot of positive feedback,
    however I notice the watch is registered in the UK
    however the business seems to be registered in Mumbai India.

i thought I would post the link to hear other peoples opinions, as to whether everything is above board.

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Nov 8, 2014

You are using the expression "broad arrow" incorrectly. The watch linked does feature "arrowhead" markers, but "broad arrow" refers to a style of hands that are not related to that listing.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 8, 2014

I don't think that's so unusual given the historical relationship between the UK and India. Quite possible that the UK broker is sourcing his stock from the horological "Chop Shops" in India.

I think the condition of that watch is rather poor, and the potential buyer may be buying a pot of trouble.

Just my opinion.
    gatorcpa

4. Mothra Nov 8, 2014

I'd avoid this one on the date window surround alone.... definite cut and shut stuff going on.

5. cristos71 Nov 9, 2014

This watch has been around the block on Ebay more times than a second hand Bangalore taxi. The condition/price ratio is very low - Avoid!

watchyouwant likes this.