Forums Latest Members

Omega Connie ( for a gift ) : wanted to ask you if it's quite ok for you

1. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

Hi guys ,

As i posted about this seller , i wanted to know what you guys are thinking about this one :

http://www.omegaenthusiast.com/OMECONNIEPPRDCHFTLTFull.html

The seller said that he provides all time warranty : you can send it him back to fix it and so on .

He would do a 10% discount on a 1350 USD for me .

Should i get it ? I really like the condition and want to offer it to my brother asap .

Thank you guys .

Sasha ,

2. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

I don't know if pictures have been posted or not . can't see it on the screen . Hopefully they are .

3. Caliber561 Dec 28, 2017

The crown is wrong, and the scratched medallion + polished case is rather unattractive. IMO better examples can be found with the same money.

Sashashu likes this.
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 28, 2017

More like a $650.00 watch, so even with the discount offered the watch is overpriced based on condition.

mydeafcat, Temprus, STANDY and 2 others like this.
  5. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

p

6. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 28, 2017

I wouldn't factor this in as things change over time.
    I am definitely not a Connie guy but I would like to see the "SWISS MADE" nomenclature area more clearly.
    The hands appear relumed as compared to the marker dots, maybe not a big deal.
    A bigger deal for me is the polish level of the case and , oh my, what happened to that caseback?
    Hopefully, Connie experts will be along but I do wish to commend you for being a great brother!

wsfarrell and Sashashu like this.
  7. wsfarrell Dec 28, 2017

The spots on the dial would bother me, though some people appreciate them as patina. The bevels on the lugs have been polished smooth, and there are some deep scratches on the caseback. The service is a good thing, but even with the 10% discount I think you could find a better example for less money.

Sashashu likes this.
  8. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

Based on that , i think all of those connie's crown are not original though .

9. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

There's actually nick who's selling his Connie with an Omega bracelet for 1400 USD .

10. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

He's talking to me about how much love he has for the Connie so i decided to get one for him even though the budget is not that crazy being a student ... Thank you anyways haha

11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Dec 28, 2017

I find myself wishing for better photos of the dial (i.e., straight on).. In these pics some of the minute marks look skewed, but they may be due to the angle of the pics. Hands do not look original/ untouched, not sure why Swiss Made is partially covered (as well as that ring encroaching on the 'furniture', and the polish is a bit much for me. Add in the scratches on the back and the 'patina' on the dial and this definitely does not appear to be a good buy for someone wanting an original watch in good condition.

Sashashu and UncleBuck like this.
  12. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 28, 2017

Norman, @X350 XJR, who posted above, has had some beautiful Connies and would be my first reach out to try and find something.

STANDY likes this.
  13. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

He can reach me out whenever he wants . OF members are the one i trust the most . I've been realizing that .

14. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Dec 28, 2017

Reminds me of Prom night..... it doesn't matter who reaches out, just that the proper places are touched!

This probably doesn't translate well to our International brothers.

15. Sashashu Dec 28, 2017

haha my bad . Actually , i'm not a native speaker as i am french . Sorry for my bad english . I'm still learning ;)

UncleBuck likes this.
  16. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 28, 2017

I don't. It's been abused and polished to try to cover it up.

Overpriced (as are most of this seller's offerings) by double.

If you are going to spend that kind of money, you'd be better off with this one:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-OM...utomatic-Men-039-s-Watch-380543-/263409185855Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

At least it's a dog-leg lug pie-pan (168.005) with a better dial. Bracelet is wrong for this watch, but is a genuine Omega product.

It's been out there for awhile, maybe they will make a deal with you?
    gatorcpa

Sashashu, UncleBuck and chanbar like this.
  17. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Dec 29, 2017

Agreed. - over polished case and damaged case back.
    Save your money for better - your brother will thank you in the long run.

Sashashu likes this.
  18. Sashashu Dec 29, 2017

I really like it . I know it sounds crazy but i would like to have a Connie at around 1000 USD ( without bracelet ) because i'm going to change it anyways .

Thanks for the recommendation gatorcpa .

Sasha ,

19. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 29, 2017

The market has passed you by, at least for pie-pans.

For $1,000, all I see are parts watches at best.

Even decent 2852’s (the earlier ones with straight lugs) are bringing $1,200 in good condition.
    gatorcpa

20. ConElPueblo Dec 29, 2017

Agree. I managed to snag a full set pie-pan 14393 that has a dial with, ahem, patina earlier this year for about $1,000 in an open auction and that was an outlier, I believe. I hope to see some of the price increase seen on the dog-leg Constellations rub off on their 14XXX brethren, which I firmly believe are even better looking variants.

I wonder where the market will move next - to the four-digit references of the 50's or the unloved C-cases 5XX cals or even the 10XX series? Who knows.

tamura, mydeafcat and Sashashu like this.