Omega CK859

Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Ladies and gentleman,

I recently acquired this beautiful CK859. Now as you can see it has a stunning patina and blued hands. The crown though is very small and difficult to wind - I know those of the era are unsigned, but does anyone know the approximate dimensions? This one measures 5.2mm and is quite hard to grasp. I was thinking of finding one around 6-7mm, or would this be too large for one of these 38mm cases?



I've measured the crown and stem using my Bergeon Gauge, and they appear to be 1.2mm, so I'm looking for a 1.2mm threaded flat unsigned crown I believe.

As always I appreciate your advice 😀

Ollie
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Hi Ollie,

You might add a picture 😀
Added

P.S. I’m wearing it over my jumper becuase I slept with another leather strapped watch on last night and my wrist was sore when I woke up! Hahaha
 
Posts
2,814
Likes
6,941
Will measure mine later - I think it’s original, and definitely closer to 6-7mm as you say

If you give up on the crown search and yours never feels quite “right”, I’m here..

 
Posts
643
Likes
980
Clearly you are dissatisfied with the watch ollie so I think the only course of action you have is to give it to me 👍
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Oh here was a picture of the watch as I received it. The stem was a little too long, so I trimmed it - and whilst it made the crown look better with the watch it actually made it harder to use (I guess the extra width gained from the incorrectly cut stem made the small crown easier to handle). Maybe that was the previous fiddlers intentions? Haha

 
Posts
246
Likes
2,601
Here is mine. Several people here have confirmed that it is correct. 5.9 mm and rolls without a problem.
You have a beautiful watch!
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Will measure mine later - I think it’s original, and definitely closer to 6-7mm as you say

If you give up on the crown search and yours never feels quite “right”, I’m here..

Did you get the opportunity to measure it? 😀
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,375
It looks too small to me, but it could be worse - at least it’s not decagonal. 😲
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
It looks too small to me, but it could be worse - at least it’s not decagonal. 😲
I'm not bothered to be honest by how it looks - although it might be small, now that i've shortened the stem to the correct length it doesn't look bad - i just struggle to wind it so want to find one as close to the original as possible 😀
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,044
I don't know about the crown, looks good to me, but the watch is gorgeous!
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,375
I'm not bothered to be honest by how it looks - although it might be small, now that i've shortened the stem to the correct length it doesn't look bad - i just struggle to wind it so want to find one as close to the original as possible 😀
Right, understood. I meant that it looks too small to wind comfortably. And it IS a gorgeous watch.
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Right, understood. I meant that it looks too small to wind comfortably. And it IS a gorgeous watch.
I see yes I follow - a decagonal one would be a lot harder to wind 😀
 
Posts
1,452
Likes
3,023
Here is mine. Several people here have confirmed that it is correct. 5.9 mm and rolls without a problem.
You have a beautiful watch!
I measure mine at close to 6 mm:

Thank you both, I think both of your watches look correct so I’m happy that 6mm should be the original size. Now I just need to start hunting for one! 😀

Oh and beautiful black dial!