Forums Latest Members
  1. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV May 31, 2015

Just wanted to share my new CK615 and say a big thank you to Daniel CanberraOmega and OF for making this happen.
    The watch was in need a service as advertised and is now running smoothly. Just put an opened ended strap on it, albeit not as expertly as I would have liked!
    I'm really pleased with the watch, it sits nicely on the wrist, has a lot of presence for it's size.
    I love the design of the dial and the hands are superb. The dial can look a bit flat at times, but really comes to life in the sunlight, and gives you glimpses of what it would have looked like more than 60 years ago, with the yellow/gold sectors and shades of silver coming to life; off set with the defiantly and perfectly preserved blue steeled hands.

Along with this watch I have a few other smaller watches, and I must say it's one of the areas of the vintage watch world that I'm pleased are not so fashionable.

The big brother/cousin of the CK615, the CK2014, whilst a great watch and one I had hoped to obtain, seems to be selling for many multiples of the CK615, which I personally couldn't justify paying.

Obviously this is just my opinion, and there are numerous examples like this.

However, as I buy to wear and enjoy, I'm happy for smaller watches to stay out of the limelight...for the time being ;-)

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Thanks again
    Bill

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 31, 2015

Bill, that looks great! Very happy that you've got it working. And those photos are better than anything is managed to get.

3. Mods I'm not really an ΩF mod but I play one on TV May 31, 2015

Thanks Daniel really pleased with it
    :thumbsup: