Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega CK2777 “Fat Arrow 53” RAF Pilots Watch.

1. Northernman Lemaniac May 10, 2015

I know I will regret it, but I promised myself that this one had to go....
    Posting it here on OF first, before I expose it to the wolf-pack on MWRF:)

Up for sale or trade I have a very nice Omega “Fat Arrow” 1953. It is in an overall lovely condition with a relatively recent service (claimed 2013) and comes with a fresh “Extract” from the Omega archives.

For the ones not familiar with this reference it was made on special order from RAF. The requirements included chronometer regulated movement, and immunity to (electro) magnetism. It was only produced in 5900 samples, and none was sold to the public.

Omega came, as a first, up with a design where the dial, caseback and iron movement cover forms a complete Faraday cage. The design was later adopted on the original Railmaster which actually shares quite a few features from this earlier watch.
    The dial itself on these are 1mm thick (compared to 0.3-0.4mm normally).
    From this design they actually reached a 900 gauss rating.

Due to all the wrapping of the 283 movement the case is a very substantial 37mm (wo crown) in diameter and stands 13mm tall. Lug to lug it is 43mm with fixed lugs 18mm wide.

A true classic military Omega!

IMG_0097.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0083.JPG IMG_0084.JPG IMG_0085.JPG IMG_0089.JPG IMG_0090.JPG IMG_0092.JPG IMG_0094.JPG

Case: Very good condition with well defined lines.
    Caseback: Clear and untouched MoD/RAF inscriptions.
    Movement: Caliber 283, serial 13.057.xxx (extract and movement are matching), 17 jewels. Running strong at +/-2-3s/day. The movement is claimed to have been serviced in late 2013. My timegrapher shows a strong amplitude and very straight performance, however there is no service receipt or documentation.
    It winds and sets smoothly and has a very strong power reserve.
    Dial: Original “Fat Arrow” dial (no redial). The lume is still somewhat active so I assume it has been relumed at some point. Who ever did it knew their craft!
    Hands: Very good condition.
    Crystal: Very good condition, unsigned .
    Crown: Very good condition, unsigned.
    Strap: The watch is supplied on a grey NATO strap as shown with the extract..

Price: EUR2350 + shipment at cost. OBRO. PayPal included.

NOTE: I will consider trades (money either way) with certain Lemania chronographs or a Longines “Greenlander” WWW. Part trade with a good condition Speedmaster “pre professional” cal 321 stepped dial may also be an alternative.

Shipment: The watch and I are located in Norway. I will be helpful to assist in keeping import taxes at reasonable levels. Shipments may also be arranged from within the European Union (will normally be possible about once every 14-days). Only tracked shipments and PayPal accepted from my side.

Drawarms, sliceoftime_ and lwong like this.
  2. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 11, 2015

This is a cool watch - I ended up buying the 53 my pal had..... I subsequently sold it and wish I hadn't!

GLWS

3. Hijak May 11, 2015

Here's your perfect opportunity, doesn't get much better than this.:whistling:

Northernman likes this.
  4. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool May 11, 2015

No, that really is a beauty. Congrats to buyer :)

watchcollect and Northernman like this.
  5. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member May 11, 2015

Ive passed.

6. dougiedude Carpe horologium! May 11, 2015

Very cool.

Must.... resist .....and ..... stay.... focused..... !

Northernman likes this.
  7. Northernman Lemaniac May 12, 2015

I sold it quickly so you did not loose too much sleep:)

KRLYUZH likes this.