Forums Latest Members

First Omega, First vintage, Thoughts and Recs, please!

1. mart22x Jan 31, 2019

NA

Edited Jul 21, 2020
    cvrle1 likes this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 31, 2019

I am not very well educated in these, but I have been following them a bit as I hope to pick one up myself.

1. No.

2. Somewhere around $2k USD would be my max, as I suspect it needs a full service and the dial damage is a turn-off.

3. I am not sure what cleaning will accomplish. Someone has already tried, and they wiped off printing between 10 and 2. The dial bubbling concerns me -- it is a bit more then I would be comfortable with.

4. I would be concerned enough about the movement that I would not run it like that. I see at least one corroded screw, which makes me wonder what other damage was overlooked during the 'service'. The seconds and hours hands are either not properly aligned, or there is some creep. Do you have the papers from the service? Was a warranty included?

3. mart22x Jan 31, 2019

Thanks for the reply! Appreciate the info on the dial. There is some creep to the hour chrono hand by about 15 minutes but it realigns to 12. The movement photos may have been pre-service. Unfortunately no papers from service or warranty.

4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 31, 2019

I would bite the bullet and bring it to a watchmaker before running it much more. The cost of a service really climbs if parts get worn out.

5. mart22x Feb 1, 2019

Thanks. I gotta say the watch continues to grow on me. It has a ton of charm and looks great on a tan leather strap.

IMG_20190201_173247.jpg IMG_20190201_174106.jpg

omegastar likes this.