Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Chronostop Racing Dial Ref. 145.009

1. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 10, 2020

Up for sale is this Omega racing watch! I picked this up as a "barn find" with a shocking amount of grime on the bracelet and case, some of which I have been able to clean off (mostly on the bracelet) and some that I have not (to preserve it's unprepared nature). See below for the full condition report:

Dial/Hands: This white-dialed example seems to be one of the rarest combinations and is the most attractive of the Chronostops, in my opinion. The lume is fully intact, matching, and reacts uniformly to UV light, including the racing handset. The dial has slight hand drag from 9 o'clock to 1 o'clock. The hands do not currently drag against the dial when circling, so this must have occurred at some point in its prior life.

Case / Crystal: The 35mm cushion case is in good condition and is unpolished, with its original facets all sharp and prominent. The caseback is also in great condition with no visible flaws or wear. Note: due to the aforementioned grime and its unprepared state, I was not able to unscrew the caseback with a friction ball and it will require a trip to the watchmaker to be opened up. Original crystal is still present, with a bevy of surface swirls and scratches.

Movement / Functionality: The Chronostop is powered by the Omega caliber 865. As mentioned above, I was not able to open the caseback with a friction ball so I was not able to visibly inspect the movement. The watch winds strongly and displays a strong power reserve with reasonable timekeeping (i.e. does not lose minutes per hour). The chronograph pusher is stuck, and as such, a full service is recommended. As always, the watch is sold as-is.

Accessories: The watch was found with its original 1120 mesh bracelet which remains in great shape (but needs an ultrasonic cleaning).

My asking price is $1,500, which will include shipping to any domestic (US-based) buyers. Payment via PayPal (F&F or add 3% if using PP) or direct bank wire. Face-to-face in Denver is also welcome for local buyers. Finally, I have plenty of references available as a buyer and seller that I can provide if necessary. Thanks for looking and thanks to OF for the space.
    Omega_Chronostop-4.jpg Omega_Chronostop-1.jpg Omega_Chronostop-2.jpg Omega_Chronostop-10.jpg Omega_Chronostop-7.jpg Omega_Chronostop-8.jpg Omega_Chronostop-9.jpg Omega_Chronostop-11.jpg Omega_Chronostop-5.jpg Omega_Chronostop-6.jpg

2. NGO1 Aug 14, 2020

Your listing is featured on HODINKEE ‘s HomePage.
    Congrats.

A657916B-ED1C-49A9-B920-9B76CB343135.jpeg
    bazamu likes this.
  3. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 14, 2020

Watch is now SOLD

Thanks OF!

Edited Aug 18, 2020
    Rti4444 likes this.