Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega Chronostop Geneve 146.009 with 1120/116 Italian Mesh

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Aug 14, 2018

Dear OF

I have this lovely Omega Chronostop Geneve for sale. No other reason for selling than making space in the watchbox to fund other pieces.

For more info on the chronostop, I would encourage you to read the following - I won't reinvent the wheel myself, as these are pretty comprehensive already!
    http://chronomaddox.com/omega/catalogs/chronostop/chronostop.html
    http://www.old-omegas.com/chronostop.html

There are lots of variations around this family of calibers - the one I'm selling is ref. 146.009, with the Cal. 920 (w/ date).

This is a lovely watch. The orange hand pops like crazy, and this one is in very very good shape with its Omega italian mesh, that has the "fine setup" function, it can be adjusted within a millimeter or so with a simple flat screwdriver - pure genius!

Detailed Description:

- Case size: 36mm ex-crown. Sharp edges, some love marks from 50years of wearing.
    - Dial: Original. Gorgeous beige patina on the 12 o'clock marker. some light pitting on some of the others.
    - Hands: The minute hand has lost some of its varnish I believe, not sure exactly, but there's a subtle difference in hue between mn and hr hands. The chrono hand is the closest thing to an Ultraman you will get in this price range :D
    - Crystal: Original, signed, light scratches but overall great.
    - Crown: Signed. Original based on some other pictures I have seen.
    - Lug width: 18mm.
    - Bracelet: Increasingly rare italian mesh, ref 1120/116. The one you can engrave your name on, same bracelet as on the Driver Chronostop :cool:
    - Timekeeping performance: I have not timed it, I wear it once in a while and it is about on time at the end of the day. So consider it keeps "good vintage time". I would recommend you service it if you are planning on wearing it daily. Chronograph-ish function works perfectly :thumbsup:

Please see pictures below. No movement pics, sorry :unsure:

DSC_0018.JPG DSC_0010.JPG DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPG DSC_0013.JPG DSC_0014.JPG DSC_0015.JPG DSC_0016.JPG DSC_0017.JPG

Price:

I am asking EUR700 including shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid by wire, net to me (more on that last point below). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk :thumbsup: If you are in the Lemanic ("Lake Geneva" for intruders :p) area, then I’d be glad to give you a discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you, and the beer is on me . I am primarily looking for cash, no trades at the moment please.

Sales Terms:

I only sell to bring some new pieces (actually, one big one...) to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift. I have (mostly) bought and sold (a couple… and a couple of trades too!) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my feedback by searching my username. I have met a few omegaforums members in person in the Lemanic area and I hope I made a good impression on them! I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the offended by offers, as long as you aren't desperetely lowballing me : worst I can reply is "no, thank you".

Returns:

I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented or fake, and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn :)

Payment:

Payment by Bank Transfer only. Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I am asking for a "net to me" amount not because I can't man up, but because depending on where the thing ships to and where payment is made from, the extras to handle this all can amount to a chunky amount of cash, which, compared to the value of this piece, can be ridiculously significant. Were I selling a $150K daytona, I wouldn't bother, but on a sub-1KEUR watch, it does make a difference. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area ater payment, and I will discount accordingly :)

Thank you OF for the space! :)

Paul

Edited Aug 15, 2018
    Samir, rbob99, Paedipod and 2 others like this.
  2. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Aug 15, 2018

OHPF :)

and now SOLD :thumbsup:

Thanks OF! ::love::

Edited Aug 16, 2018
    WatchWarlock likes this.