Forums Latest Members
  1. Poday Jun 11, 2015

So I picked up a slightly grimy Chrono-Quartz for a pretty good price, and I had a couple questions regarding operation.

1. For setting the minutes I have to use something small like the tip of a pen to push in the crown and get the minute hand moving. Is this normal, or should I be able to do so by simply applying finger pressure to the crown?
    2. The lower chronograph display says "Sec 1/100s", however it only seems to display full seconds. Same with the upper display, it reads "min hrs" however I only get minutes. I assume the middle pusher should toggle between minutes/hours and seconds/100s, however it doesn't appear to do anything (at least as far as I can see). Perhaps I am daft?

2. watchlovr Jun 11, 2015

3. Poday Jun 11, 2015

Thanks for the link. Looks like my Display button is non-functional. :(

4. watchlovr Jun 12, 2015

Shame.
    You could remove the movement and try the contact, if that works just try replacing it in the case, might be misaligned.

5. Poday Jun 12, 2015

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. Fingers crossed

6. Tom Dick and Harry Jun 20, 2015

I know STS in the UK have replacement circuits for these so if all else fails might be worth a try

7. Poday Jun 20, 2015

Yeah, all is not lost, and it was under $800, so not a bad deal either way.
    Unfortunately I've just moved across the country and have been living in a hotel for the past 3 weeks, so no access to a screwdriver to check the contacts on the movement. And 3 more weeks until I have a proper home.