Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Omega Chrono Quartz Cal 1611 - Montreal Olympics - FULL SET

1. photo500 Nov 26, 2018

Hi All,
    I have for sale a fully functioning Omega Chrono Quartz which comes as a complete set from the original owner.

This piece has not ever been refinished or restored so still carries its rather unusual horizontal graining, original crystal, pushers and crown.

Originally purchased here in my home city of Perth in June 1979 for $650. The owner was a builder who had this only for wearing on special occasions (so he tells me). In 2005 the motor in the analogue section failed and the watch sat in a drawer until this year when I purchased it in non working condition.

Since then I have fitted a brand new motor, a genuine ( normally very hard to source ) case back seal and ultrasonically cleaned the case and bracelet. The circuit and contacts of the pushers and batteries were also cleaned. New silver oxide batteries were fitted, which according to Omega documentation should last approximately 15 months, the original mercury type apparently would last up to 24 months.

Included is the original Omega quartz specific box, filled in warranty booklet, spare link and spiral bound original operating manual. As an extra bit of provenance is the business card from the salesman with the price written on the back and a movement parts list and watchmaker notes from 2005 when the faulty motor was diagnosed but could not be repaired locally.

The owners name is engraved on the case back, this is the same as the name on the warranty documents.

Everything operates correctly including the analogue time setting functions - this has jump hour setting so it's easy to switch time zones without stopping the watch. All three chronograph buttons work first time with no stickiness or flickering of the display. The LCD itself is in excellent condition with good contrast and no missing sections. The analogue dial and hands are near perfect. There are some very small chips to the top bevel edge of the crystal but no scratches on the front of it.

Rare to see a full set for any Omega from the mid 70's. Currently the bracelet will fit my 7.25" wrist on the last hole of the clasp, it can be made longer by fitting the spare link.

Price $2350USD including fast DHL shipping but Paypal is extra. TransferWise or Bank Transfer is always preferred.

Please note the yellow tape in the last photo, covering the batteries, is to prevent any chance of the case back causing a short against them and is easily removed.
    IMG_0978.JPG fullsizeoutput_5504.jpeg fullsizeoutput_54fd.jpeg fullsizeoutput_5502.jpeg fullsizeoutput_54fe.jpeg fullsizeoutput_5501.jpeg fullsizeoutput_54ff.jpeg fullsizeoutput_5500.jpeg fullsizeoutput_5505.jpeg IMG_2100.JPG 96iORMcqQ%mVJN%xi35UvA.jpg fullsizeoutput_5506.jpeg

jaguar11, GregH, Brianstoops and 3 others like this.
  2. photo500 Dec 27, 2018

Still available :)

Virgil01 likes this.
  3. photo500 Jan 6, 2019

Withdrawn, thank you for the space.