Forums Latest Members
  1. papiko Sep 25, 2014

Hi all,

This is my first post on this forum , allthought I am a member in other forums, I have a passion for watches (among others) and i just got this watch for a "good price, and did it on basic instint" and after looking at similar watches in google, nevertheless i could not find one like this, i have seen similar but not the same, I can see it´s a 18 K gold watch, and manual wind, there is a diferent way of the bracelelet holders that go "kind of a claws over the main case" instead of regulat ones, also they are not on a paralel angle, but rather on a open angle, the watch is 35 mm diameter case engraved is chassis nº (I belive) and the number 141 also 18K /0.750 (there are very small litle nrºs they I have no idea what are they", and I wonder what it is before i send it to a professional to restore. Thank you all in advance for all your input.

Kind regards

Paulo

IMGP6981 (2).JPG IMGP6989.JPG IMGP6991.JPG IMGP6995.JPG IMGP6999.JPG IMGP7000.JPG
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 25, 2014

3. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 25, 2014

This is uncommon Chronometre Omega. If it is not redial you just got something special.I am not expert in this line, other like mac_omega, MSNWatch or mick are person to go forthis line.
    I think you only need replace the crystal, and sympathetically service the movement to make it a nice watch.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 25, 2014

5. papiko Sep 25, 2014

Hi gatorcpa, thank you for your post, I just did not get an email as fast as from this forum, I also thought it was something kind of rare, the guy that sold to me refer to it from is grand grand father in the family for many years and nobody payed much attention to it!!Thank to google we can nower days make a quick search on our phones, that what I did before i buy it!!Only when I got home I got oportunity to open it, but still have not found the same watch only similar, I believe I will get my answers from such nice forum members such yourself. Thank you once again.
    All the Best
    Paulo

6. alam Sep 25, 2014

The Ω Forum is faster and better! ;)

7. papiko Sep 25, 2014

:)

8. papiko Sep 25, 2014

So this I found out on Italian forum:

Per quel che riguarda i "Chronometre" Omega:
    Le referenze:
    I "classici", con cassa moneta e regolazione fine "RG" casse da 33mm
    ref. 2364 (secondi al 6) cal 30T2 Rg
    ref. 2365 (secondi centrali) cal.30T2 Rg SC
    I "classici", con cassa moneta e regolazione fine "RG" casse da 35,5mm
    ref. 2366 (secondi al 6)
    ref. 2367 (secondi centrali).
    I rari con cassa a vite da 35mm (queste sono le referenze più anziane) :
    Ref. 2410
    Ref. 2254
    Da notarsi che le "primissime" versioni (rarissime) erano allestite con un "semplice" 30T2 senza la tipica regolazione fine Omega, ma presentavano già le finiture a specchio di quegli elementi (cricco, bariletto ed ancora) che fanno del movimento cronometrico Omega una delizia per l'occhio attento...
    .... (visto che ne sono entrato nel merito) aggiungo appunto l'ancora dello scappamento di un esemplare che fu in mio possesso (da notare l'eccezionale livello qualitativo dell'anglage e della lucidatura a specchio)

google translated with a few corrections out of my pour Italian launguage :)

Regarding the "Chronometre" Omega:
    References:
    The "classics", with case(coin/currency/money or similar word) and fine-tuning "RG" casse 33mm
    ref. 2364 (6 seconds) cal 30T2 Rg
    ref. 2365 (center seconds) cal.30T2 Rg SC
    The "classics", with case moneta and fine-tuning "RG" speakers from 35.5mm
    ref. 2366 (6 seconds)
    ref. 2367 (center seconds).
    The rare case with screw 35mm (these are the older references):
    Ref. 2410
    Ref. 2254
    Should be noted that the "very early" versions (very rare) were set up with a "simple" 30T2 without the typical fine-tuning the Omega, but already had the mirror finish of those elements (jack, barrel and more) that make a movement chronometer Omega delight to the eye ...
    .... (Since they are entered on the merits) add just the anchor escapement of a specimen that was in my possession (note the exceptional quality dell'anglage and mirror polishing)

9. mac_omega Sep 26, 2014

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

This watch is not original - it is a marriage!

Movement plus dial are original but case is from a different watch.

I have a similar cased watch but it has the original regular 30 T2 SC movement (non Rg)

I hope you did not pay too much

best

erich

10. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 26, 2014

11. papiko Sep 26, 2014

Hi Erich,

Thank you for your input, I´m covered on the buying point of view but, nevertheless Is there a chance of having a picture of that watch (the case one) posted here!!And the model, I believe they should be both quite rare??Model´s??That would be great, even being a marriage are both watches Vintage Omega??This thinghs are really inportant to all of us to know

thank you very much

Best

Paulo

12. mac_omega Sep 26, 2014

Hi Paulo,

here are pictures of my all original pink gold example as requested.
    By comparing the serial numbers you can see that your´s is about from the same period.

I consider it uncommon, not really very rare - but rare in this near mint condition considering the age ;)

The picture of the face was taken without crystal to avoid those nasty reflections and show the entire "glory" of the dial...

face.jpg

mov.jpg

back_inner.jpg

Enjoy

erich

Dablitzer, papiko and alam like this.
  13. papiko Sep 26, 2014

Hi Erich,

That is some beautiful piece of time machinery, really nice, and of course same case of watch above, so I guees I had a marriage watch within the family, I spoke with a friend of mine that gave me a good offer and I let it go, your opinion this morning was the turning point, allthought my friend is a watch repair guy so he will make his thing, I got my "investment" rewarded, everybody is happy, congrats for your collection and thank you for updating this threath.

My kindest regards

Paulo