Forums Latest Members
  1. cristos71 Aug 3, 2013

I perhaps acted a little hastily hitting the Buy It Now button with this one and believe it to have some issues, could you gentlemen perhaps take a look and see what you all think?
    I have raised my concerns with the seller after receiving some behind the scenes advice here, but he is swearing that everything is original and 100% as it should be, while at the same time actually calling me a dishonest liar.
    I don't think it is 100% correct p2000669.jpg p2000670.jpg p2000678.jpg p2000679.jpg p2000680.jpg p2000681.jpg and would like to get some opinions here for the record.
    Thanks in advance.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2013

I'll start off I guess, the hands are wrong, and look really off, length is incorrect, they're flat, and generally funny lookin'.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2013

Some reference pics from a well known member:

Screen Shot 2013-08-03 at 9.54.47 PM.png

Giff2577 likes this.
  4. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Aug 3, 2013

I would say it is a redial. The surface is just too fresh compare to the case. Its surface is grainy rather than smooth. Comparing to Mike's there are no two tone differentiation in the dial.

5. ulackfocus Aug 3, 2013

Agreed - the hands have been replaced.

[​IMG]

The serial number is certainly in the correct range though.

[​IMG]

My question is why the dial looks like it's textured all over instead of having a more flat middle and shiny outside ring.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Aug 3, 2013

Lots wrong:

Dial - correct fonts but wrong finish - doesn't have the smooth 2-tone characteristic of the original dials.
    Hands - wrong (too short)
    Crown - replacement
    Movement - at least some parts replaced (wheel not premium finish for instance).
    Case - polished a bit much for my taste.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 3, 2013

This one goes back if at all possible.

8. cristos71 Aug 3, 2013

After a series of quite bizarre emails where amongst other things I have been accused of defamation of character, called a liar and told that I have no right to say anything and should not be allowed on Ebay, the seller has agreed to cancel the auction.
    Thanks for the input everyone:)

9. ulackfocus Aug 3, 2013

Link him to this thread. ;)

cristos71 likes this.
  10. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 3, 2013

The dial "grain" was likely caused by someone stripping off the original lacquer and using the incorrect finish on the re-spray. Good luck finding replacement solid gold hands.

Not a premium watch, and certainly not worth Centenary money. Good to hear it's going back.
    gatorcpa

11. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Aug 3, 2013

Anyone has a picture what this premium finish should look like just for reference? Thanks in advance.

12. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 3, 2013

Respectable Member cristos71

From my little experience, if an eBay seller terms you as a 'liar', it shows the person who presents you with such a remark, is either ignorant or a confirmed liar, himself.

mjsongin (eBay username) accused me of being a liar because he was unhappy, when I discovered, he sold me a counterfeit Rolex Daytona 18k deployant buckle.

Thank-you.

13. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Aug 3, 2013

It has the extra polishing on the winding wheel, similar to the cal. 352:

[​IMG]

http://www.batei.com/omega.lg.centenary.htm

Take care,
    gatorcpa

14. cristos71 Aug 3, 2013

Respectable Member Seamonster

This charming seller was from my first email both defensive and offensive at the same time, with deluded ideas of grandeur combined with a determined attempt to belittle me and an unwillingness to admit to anything at all regarding the originality questions raised
    He has now played the positive feedback with negative comments card, saying that I don't pay my bills.
    I am only thankful for the help received here, otherwise it would have been a very expensive lesson learned.

15. seamonster Respectable Member Aug 3, 2013

Respectable Member cristos71

Perhaps, this is typical of all those confirmed big liars, who have a body of a human-being and the brain of a retarded donkey.

My seller (mjsongin) was also defensive and offensive, from the very beginning and alleged I am a liar, throughout my correspondence with him, before I opened my case with eBay.

Not suspecting the item to be a fake or counterfeit, when I asked TRF members what leather-band could go along with the Rolex Daytona 18k deployant buckle that I purchased and instead of answering this question, a respectable moderator there screamed the buckle is a counterfeit. The arrogant seller alleged I colluded with TRF members. He pointed out, no one could tell whether an item is genuine or counterfeit, only through pictures. All right, all right I gave him the benefit of doubt and immediately after, I brought the questionable buckle to Rolex Service Center Sydney and two senior technicians confirmed, the buckle is a counterfeit.

Apparently, the seller is above TRF moderator and members, as well as, above RSC Sydney. Unmoved, he still claimed the buckle is genuine based on the silly fact, he purchased it from a Rolex dealer and he saw the dealer taking out the buckle from a Rolex Daytona. That act does not make a counterfeit to become authentic. At best, it is laughable.

There was another instance of a friend of mine, selling his 18k solid gold Rolex bracelet for a Submariner watch. After the buyer received the item, he wanted to return it, since his friends and some Rolex dealers claimed that the bracelet is a fake. My friend informed him, the item was purchased from a Rolex Authorized Dealer in Sydney and the watch plus bracelet, was recently sent by the Rolex AD to RSC Sydney, for a routine service. My friend suggested to his buyer, not to listen to any friends or Rolex dealers' opinion. Instead, take a slow walk to RSC New York (buyer is in NY), for it to be attested or verified. Finally, he listened and till today, he has not come back. The mad dog has stopped barking, thank God.

Unfortunately, there are too many 'experts' trading on eBay, nowadays. As always, empty vessels make the most noise.

Thank-you.

16. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Aug 3, 2013

Never heard that expression. I like it!

kpa likes this.
  17. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Aug 4, 2013