Forums Latest Members

OHPF Omega Centenary Chronometer 2500

1. cristos71 Jul 27, 2019

Here today for sale I have a lovely 18kt YG Omega 2500 Centenary from around 1948. These were released by Omega as two models of automatic chronometer, the 2499 and 2500, to celebrate their 100 year anniversary and proved to be such a runaway success that it led Omega to introduce the Constellation line just a few years later.

My example here is as far as I know the only example ever seen with a Türler dial and as such could be genuinely described as 'rare' if one were so inclined. Türler being the well known Swiss retailer of high end goods who had a penchant for the double signing of watch dials.

127.JPG

The stunning 18kt two tone mat and satin finished dial and solid gold dauphine hands are in excellent condition.

061 (2).JPG

The snap back 18kt gold case is in very good shape, only the bezel has seen some polishing over the years. Fully signed and hallmarked with the original crown.

130.JPG

128.JPG

147.JPG

The 30.10mm RA JUB chronometer rated automatic movement is cosmetically very pleasing with its special finishing and was serviced by my watchmaker 3 or 4 years ago in '15 or '16, as such it is in fine working order and will remain so for a considerable time.

143.JPG

Here an excellent chart compiled by respectable member @John R Smith showing many examples from around the world, mine included.

2500 Table.jpg
    It will come on the brown Omega strap shown which is from a latter period ( 60's or 70's )

062 (2).JPG

€2750 net to me which will include worldwide Track & Trace shipping. Payment by bank transfer or PayPal F&F for established forum members only.

Any questions, just ask :)

Edited Jul 27, 2019
  2. cristos71 Jul 28, 2019

OHPF!

Dr No, KingCrouchy, BenBagbag and 2 others like this.