Forums Latest Members
  1. slique12 Sep 3, 2017

Hi folks,

I stumbled upon a Omega Centenary 2500 with a JUB 30.10 RA PC bumper automatic movement. For a watch that is almost 70 years old, the case and dial seem to be in really good shape and so was curious if folks with more experience were willing to chime in.

Here are some pictures to get the discussing going:

a.jpg b.jpg c.jpg d.jpg e.jpg f.jpg

Comparing this one to others sold on the forum over the past couple years, two things jump out at me:
    - The font used is different, especially prominent in letters such as G in Omega
    - The placement of "Swiss Made" which is typically found under the sub-dial but here is under the "6". Though, based on this resource: - http://users.tpg.com.au/mondodec//Omega_Constellation_Gene_Pool.pdf
    I was able to find an old Omega ad targeting the French market which shows a Centenary 2500 without the "Swiss Made" under the sub-dial. Unfortunately, the imagery is such that it's also hard to see if the example in the ad has "Swiss Made" under the "6".

Screen Shot 2017-09-03 at 6.20.40 PM.png

mikechi22, micampe and ozmega like this.
  2. ConElPueblo Sep 3, 2017

Have a look at the seconds track in the picture of the advert - it should have a fully drawn circle with seconds notches, not just the notches. Also, Swiss Made should be under the seconds sub dial... "Chronometre" should be spelled "Chronomètre" too.

mikechi22 and Dre like this.
  3. slique12 Sep 4, 2017

Good eye! Is it me or is the finishing/brushing as well as the neatness of the ink on this re-dial extremely good?

mikechi22 likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Sep 4, 2017

IMO, the fonts aren't that good. The brushing is part of the finishing of the actual gold dial, not a paint/lacquer treatment, so it makes sense it looks superb after a clean-up and re-laqcuering.

slique12 and mikechi22 like this.
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 4, 2017

slique12 likes this.