Forums Latest Members
  1. bhoboo Nov 17, 2015

Hello:

I recently purchased this watch and watch is not running!. It is about 30mm case. I tried to open the case to get some info about the movement or case ref. Then, I realized it is probably not a snap back case. Upon looking closely the crown tube is actually intergral part of the case back and there is a metal ring under the crystal. I wonder if it is part of case or an armored crystal. The bezel seems not removable too (I am not sure about this but I don't see any gap there too)

My question now is if someone has seen this case or identify case ref and give directions for opening the case. It appears there are two possibilities: 1. Top loader and split stem system or 2. pulling the crown tube outward using some tool might eject the case back (sure it fees weird to open like this).
    I will really appreciate any feedback...
    20151117_170407-1.jpg 20151117_170423-1.jpg

Edited Nov 17, 2015
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 17, 2015

I think that this is a snap-back watch case. You need to put the case knife between the rear bezel and caseback, preferrably where there is a built-in flat spot in the caseback specifically for this purpose. Sometimes you can't find it, especially if the flat spot is near the crown (where it should not be, but who know who opened the case last). If you are not comfortable doing this, take it to a watchmaker. This should be very easy for them.

There should be a rectangular movement inside with a spacer that holds it tight inside the round case. Very important not to lose that piece.

[​IMG]

I believe that this movement is a cal. 17.8, but I'm not 100% sure.
    gatorcpa