Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega calibre 30T2 ‘jumbo’ 37.5mm (ex crown) 2325, totally original, stunning dial, serviced

1. Tom Dick and Harry Nov 23, 2016

Afternoon all

I haven’t had this watch long, I fancied a jumbo 30T2 and then two came along at once, I brought both. They are well documented in the Vintage Watch Talk section of our forum and this is the later of the two.

IMG_3560.JPG

The watch is a very rare 2325 (/4) Jumbo, a little research will show you that there are very few of these watches around and even on google images very few examples available in regards to images.

I love the watch but it is (I know this is a travesty to say) simply too big for me as a dress watch, I much prefer my 18K Dennison Deluxe Pie Pan and my 35mm 30T2 and as such instead of it sitting around gathering dust I would rather catch and release it within the community if possible and release the fund an unexpected purchase.

It is a spectacular and rare beast, the case is 37.5mm excluding the crown, 19mm at the lugs and it is in simply time warp condition as you can clearly see from the images. The case itself is very close to new condition, it’s never been refinished or messed with and has no dinks or loss of profile. The crown, crystal etc are all original to the watch.

IMG_3562.JPG

The dial is wonderful and the real stand out, never refinished and totally original and a delight to look at, especially with those gold accented roman numeral. The two tone combination of brushed central section and then outer silver ring with roman numeral markers looks wonderful. There is some light age related patina but it is very rare you will see a dial this original, in this condition and with this configuration, especially with the gold roman numeral letters.

Considering the watch is north of 70 years old it is quite frankly remarkable condition. The gold hands and blued second recorder match the watch perfectly and again are totally original to the watch.

IMG_3564.JPG

It is supplied a new Hirsch tan band with lovely deco style Hirsch buckle it also comes with period NOS 1930’s/ 40’s riveted bracelet (these are £100+), although not huge it is will fits 7 ½ inch wrist.

The watch has just received £200+ of service work at Obsolete watches in the UK, those of you who know John Senior know he is a master with these type of movements and his work as ever is exemplary.

IMG_3566.JPG

The movement in the watch is pristine, it is a 10million serial (1940-1945) and the earlier silver coloured cal 30T2 not the later pink plated version.

IMG_3567.JPG

So, on to the price, it is difficult to put a price point on the watch, these are extremely rare and good original ones are ever rarer, I class this as beyond good. There are plenty of Jumbo’s out there but prices vary wildly and virtually all are either spruced up for sale or badly worn, non are genuine, honest and original. The only similar example I can find went at auction for £1000 but the dial wasn’t nearly this pretty (plain single tone dial in a more military configuration) and this example is serviced and overhauled with spare period riveted bracelet.

IMG_3568.JPG

I am looking for £1250 for the watch, if it doesn’t sell I wont be heart broken but I believe this is quite a rare chance to buy a very rare and original watch.

Shipping included in the price and payment via BT or PP (gift or you cover fees)

tripletmom, JohnSteed, NT931 and 17 others like this.
  2. boat2dan Nov 23, 2016

Tom, Another beautiful piece and record time!!

3. tmw57 Nov 23, 2016

simply great...

congrats to buyer and seller

JohnSteed likes this.
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 23, 2016

Very nice!

5. Fattony Nov 24, 2016

have I missed something ? I never saw it sell?

6. GregH Nov 24, 2016

Seriiusly! I was on a short flight yesterday, reading the forums before takeoff and by the time I landed and was reading again, this had been posted and sold. Beautiful watch! Congrats to the buyer and seller!

7. Fattony Nov 24, 2016

must stop working and pay attention to forum more lol
    congrats to both