Forums Latest Members
  1. Snickers1985 Sep 4, 2019

So I was looking through the vintage offerings on ebay and found a nice looking linen dial 14391. I then search for 'Omega Calibre 268' and wham...

upload_2019-9-4_12-31-23.png
    I can only imagine the poor souls that will get caught out by this and will likely not receive the watch photo'd. Do you guys report stuff like this?

2. Lucasssssss Sep 4, 2019

They are all from the same seller (who is over 1500 feedback), I imagine he is just trying his luck with the three listings, and if it sells at a buy it now in the next few days, he will cancel the auction.

Edward53 likes this.
  3. Snickers1985 Sep 4, 2019

That is possible. I may message them and find out what's up.

4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Sep 4, 2019

IIRC it's against eBay policy to have multiple listings for the same item.

5. Lucasssssss Sep 4, 2019

It seems you are correct, from eBay:

"To ensure buyers see a wide variety of options from a variety of sellers, we don't allow more than one fixed price listing of an identical item at the same time, from the same seller.

You can have more than one auction-style listing for identical items if you don't add Buy It Now, but only one duplicate auction-style listing without bids will be visible to buyers at a time. Once the first listing receives a bid or ends, the next listing will appear on the site." (from here:https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/duplicate-listings-policy?id=4255)

So I think you can have 1 fixed price and 1 auction, but not 2 with a fixed price.