Forums Latest Members
  1. Zoltan Varga Dec 9, 2016

Hi respected members of Omega Forums,

I'm rookie here just sign up for membership and i have a very specific questions. I bought an old 2500B movement recently it looks original in every parts without disassemble it. Sets, runs winds, etc. Little beat up but looks fine. The problem is that after a 48 hour test the movement runs about 2 hours fast in 24 hours, which is about 5 sec hurry in every minute.
    I need some help figure out that is this something that can be adjusted in the movement, or is it something that will need to be replaced in there?

Thank you for your help!

2. Vicke Dec 9, 2016

You'll need a watchmaker to check that out and give you an assessment of what to do. Tell us where in the world you are located and an other member from your are can recommend someone competent to look at the movement.

And read this https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-omega-posting-guide.383/, especially paragraf 1, and complement your post with more info and you'll get better quality answers.

3. Zoltan Varga Dec 9, 2016

Thank you for quick reply. I'm located in Phoenix, ARIZONA, USA

And thanks again for the extra post information. I extend my post with these informations:
    I bought this movement on Ebay, very low price, it came from Morocco.
    And here is some pictures form the movement IMG_1395[1].JPG IMG_1397.JPG IMG_1399.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1403.JPG IMG_1405.JPG IMG_1407.JPG IMG_1409.JPG

Edited Dec 9, 2016
  4. Zoltan Varga Dec 9, 2016

As i posted the pictures, i already figured out that whoever repaired the movement, not used the proper parts. Looks like the balance staff is from another coaxial movement but not from the 2500B, it say twenty-nine jewels, but the 2500B only have 27, and it can see it on the pictures that is stated right next to the other component "27 jewels". This probably by itself can cause the movement running fast. But if anybody can help my find a decent watchmaker near Phoenix/Chandler, ARIZONA, USA area i'll appreciate it. Thank you.

5. ulackfocus Dec 9, 2016

Since when is a 2500B vintage?

Besides, that has seen better days.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 10, 2016

The only 2892 based co-axial I can think of with 29 jewels is the Cal. 2627 (auto with date at 3 and sub-seconds at 9).

Looks like someone has taken the entire balance cock and balance from a 2627 and placed it on the 2500B. Since there are 2 different beat rates in the 2627, it's possible the wrong beat rate balance has been installed, leading to the gain in time. If so, you are looking at $700+ in parts for the correct balance cock and balance (mostly the balance), along with the cost of any other parts needed, plus the labour for a full service.

When that's done you will still have a beat up looking Cal. 2500B movement. Not sure what your ultimate goal is here, but my suggestion would be to cut your losses on this one.

Cheers, Al

7. Zoltan Varga Dec 13, 2016

Thank You guys for the replies. Yes unfortunately probably i need to give up on this, however i have another 2500B it might can have some parts to rebuild this with it, but not the balance. I can use the balance cock, and maybe the spring but the balance is blacked out. Fortunately i did not spend much on this so if it won't work ever not much of a loss either. Thanks again.

8. Maganator Dec 13, 2016

Is Fast a town in Arizona?

9. Zoltan Varga Dec 13, 2016

Not as fast as this movement...