Forums Latest Members

Omega Calf Leather Strap Differences (?)

1. jroam82 Sep 18, 2018

So, I'm in the market for an Omega calf leather strap for my Speedmaster, and have come across a few options that all look very similar to me - so I was wondering if anyone on here has had any real world experience with any of them and could perhaps enlighten me on which would be preferable?

In the 20x18 option there are:

CUZ000219 (or 032CUZ000219)

ALL are simply described as "Vintage Calf Brown" in the catalogue.

I *think* the 98000195 was offered on the chocolate brown Speedmaster, so that one might be the safest bet.

Still, I'd like to know what the differences are - thickness, end type, colour, lining type, etc.

I live 731km (454 miles) from my nearest OB and there's 1 (one) AD in my state who has no extra straps in stock, so I gotta resort to like-minded individuals on here :)

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 18, 2018

Call the OB and they will assist you as well as order and ship it for you. Remember these do not come with a buckle.

3. jroam82 Sep 18, 2018

I've been in contact with Omega (actually the spare parts part of swatch group cos that's where the website directed me).

Getting one of the above straps is no issue - I just don't know which one to get and the person responding to my emails is light on conversation.

Also, yeah, I have the buckle already.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 18, 2018

The Boutique over the phone can answer those questions.

My guess is one is buckle the other is deployant.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 18, 2018

6. yinzerniner Sep 18, 2018

I'd agree, boutique over the phone is your best bet. Ask for an accessories representative, NOT just a standard sales person, as they'll know better how to comb through the catalog and maybe even be able to sent you emails with pics of the catalog pages and strap numbers.

Just an FYI to the OP, be more detailed about the specific strap you want because they have multiple "calf" leather options, in different colors, finishes, syles, etc.
    There aren't really any real thickness differences, but the leather straps wear differently due to their inherent material qualities. Some are stretchier, some stiffer, etc.
    And no, the only "vintage calf" that's called by that exact phrasing is the 21mm model made for the SOTM series.

Foo2rama likes this.
  7. jroam82 Sep 19, 2018

In the strap book there are 3 straps:

All are 20x18
    All are FC (folding clasp)
    All are Vintage Calf Brown

[​IMG]

They all kind of look the same to me, but there's got to be something different, right? That's what I'm trying to ascertain by asking the community if anyone has any real world experience with them.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 19, 2018

You see the boutique has someone that can tell you which is the right one as they can see the details in their system. Size/ buckle/which watch it is original too/ inner liner/ thickness/ color/stitching.

No one on the forum can help you as well just call an OB and they help us get the one we want. None of us know the part numbers. If you want the chocolate speedmasters strap you ask for the strap from a 31132403001001 There are 2 variants one with brown stitching one with normal
    Colored.

9. Bernardino Sep 19, 2018

10. yinzerniner Sep 19, 2018

I can tell you that the "vintage calf" moniker used in that booklet is misleading. The finish when new is very uniform and soft, and it picks up a glossier sheen, patina and marks as it's worn.

As for the differences, there are:
    -There are different outer leather colors options ranging from honey, to chocolate, cigar and espresso
    -There are stitching differences between white and cream
    -There are lining leather differences from tan to black
    -There are length differences from short to regular to long

As stated before, an accessories rep at OB would've been able to tell you these things if you'd done the legwork and contacted them directly.

Foo2rama likes this.
  11. jroam82 Sep 19, 2018

Thanks.