Forums Latest Members
  1. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2013

As it's come up in a few different threads, I thought I would post this for the information of UK members.

I emailed STS (the UK Omega Service Centre) a few days ago to enquire about servicing on a cal 321 Speedmaster & they have replied to confirm their price and standard approach:

"a service price would be £435 including VAT. This would include movement service, case refinish, refinishing of the hands to your specification, a new glass, crown and pushers, testing for water resistance and a 2 year guarantee"

Unlike some other official service centres they do not insist on case refinishing or any other work to hands, dials etc. They return all replaced parts to you & are happy to agree not to touch whatever you specify, so I'll be leaving the case alone.

Dablitzer likes this.
  2. flame Speedmaster Neil Jan 17, 2013

Hi Warren

It's probably also worth mentioning that if you were to change your mind re the case refinish during the 2yr warranty period , I think they would do it FOC....if you asked very nicely when booking it in. :)

Best - Neil

3. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude Jan 17, 2013

Thanks SpikiSpikester :thumbsup: ,

I did raise the possibility of sending in one of mine to STS. (though that was in a completely irrelevant thread :oops: )
    Looking on OmegaWatches.com (from Australia) the service price for a 321 (Category 4, Group C) on bracelet is AU$1,220 or equivalent of over £800!!!

I paid AU$800 last year here for a service on a '69 861 and felt I had less input than I would have liked. I didn't get any replaced parts back, but as they were already earlier service replacement parts (crown, pushers, crystal) I wasn't so bothered.

Is that your first 321 you've just bought? Couldn't quite tell from your watch box thread what others you already have.

Ian

4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 17, 2013

if you need a 321/861 service done in australia for a much better price, drop me an email. kind regards. achim

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2013

Hi Achim, do you do the servicing yourself on watches like that, or do you have your own guy you go to?

Trev likes this.
  6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 17, 2013

no, have an omega trained watchmaker in sydney. kind regards. achim

7. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 17, 2013

For future reference, you're allowed to mention the watchmaker publicly here if you're making a recommendation. It's not problem ;)

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 17, 2013

trev, i rather keep that not official. friends are always welcome to enquire. every vintage watchcollector knows, how important a good watchmaker is. more so, if he is still able and willing to manufacture parts, if needed. but as a ballpark figure: speedy cal. 321 service alone ( some parts are very hard to source now...) will be around $ 400. same for cal. 861; maybe a bit cheaper. and if you need to replace parts, it might be a different story. many cal. 321 levers, that break and wear, are hard to find. turn around time around 3-4 weeks. kind regards. achim

9. Trev The Architect Staff Member Jan 17, 2013

Fair enough.

Just be aware that some people might have assumed you were the watchmaker offering his services. That's how I interpreted your original post. :)

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 17, 2013

o.k., no problem. my watchmaker is in sydney. i`m in coffs. we restore watches for collectors, but do not fix movements here. you need city access to rare parts and should know, what you do. again: feel free to enquire for help, if somebody here needs it. kind regards. achim

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2013

Achim
    I am sorry, but I am confused again. You say "We restore watches" Are you then, in the repair business, or are you just making referals to any indendent repair service?

12. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jan 17, 2013

no problem, guys. referral will be to an independant watchmaker. to repair watchmovements.
    watchrestorations are broader, we ( that is me included) do all other aspects. like dials, relume, hands,original crystals, the right case polish and whatever collectors want us to do. sourcing parts is a time consuming task lately. i talk about a broad spectrum of brands and military watches. myself has a watchcollection, spanning many brands as well. you`ve seen a few posted. mine started with omega and i was lucky enough, to meet john diethelm in biel and from there there was no turning back.omega was my first brand and will always be . kind regards. achim