Forums Latest Members
  1. jce147 Nov 20, 2013

I've recently bought my new watch (265) but unfortunately it didn't come with an original omega strap.

Can anyone recommend and shop in London or on the Internet which would be the best place to start looking??

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 20, 2013

The Omega Boutique in London will be happy to sell you a genuine Omega leather band to fit your watch. Should start somewhere around GBP150, maybe more.

First thing you need to do is measure the gap between the lugs. Most of these watches take 18mm wide straps, but this can sometimes vary.

I can suggest several eBay sellers, but many of them will not ship outside of the USA, as there are worldwide regulations called CITES that severly restrict imports of certain exotic animal hides across borders. Most domestic sellers just don't want to bother with the paperwork on a low cost item like that.

eBay UK should have you covered and I'm sure some members based there will have some suggestions for you.

Good luck and please post pictures!
    gatorcpa

3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 20, 2013

Cousins sell genuine Omega straps but you will have to register to see them:

www.cousinsuk.com

4. Mothra Nov 20, 2013

I consider a strap to be a consumable, and don't feel the need to go oem. Watchobsession.co.uk and westonwatchstraps and odemark on ebay are uk based and have a good range.... YMMV.

5. Hijak Nov 20, 2013

I'm a big fan of Hadley and Roma straps...very good quality at very good prices! Also Hirsch makes a nice strap as well.:thumbsup:

6. jce147 Nov 21, 2013

Thanks Everyone this has been really helpful!! I take it the same goes for buckles as well......

Once everything is in place i will deffo post some photos.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 21, 2013

I've bought a few Hirsch straps and although good quality I found them stiffer or less supple for some reason, I tried a Hadley Roma and was extremely pleased with it, just a very simple black calfskin which does the job nicely on yellow gold.

8. Hijak Nov 21, 2013

Agreed, I have their alligator and crock straps and they are quite soft as well. ::love::

9. dantaspaulo Nov 22, 2013

I've been wearing Hirsch all along and am very happy with them ;)