Forums Latest Members
  1. photovideopro Jan 3, 2017

2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jan 3, 2017

Looks like you came in the middle of a conversation but notice this is your first post...
    Welcome !

3. photovideopro Jan 3, 2017

Thanks! I appreciate it. Cool forums around here :)

4. heavenscloud Jan 3, 2017

Cal. 266 is correct for ref. 2800 according to OVD. Looks like the pink gold plating has been removed from the hour hand. I assumed these hands were solid gold until I had the same thing happen to a ref. 2981 I owned. Maybe someone who knows more about this could chime in. Movement is missing a case screw.

5. François Pépin Jan 3, 2017

Original dial. Everything looks good - except the missing screw, which is not a bid deal. I did not notice the lack of plating on one hand, but maybe it is my bad.

6. photovideopro Jan 4, 2017

Excellent. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I purchased the watch and am really looking forward to receiving it.

7. photovideopro Jan 4, 2017

Good deal. I purchased the watch. Should I get that screw replaced immediately? Is it safe to use the watch with it missing?

8. François Pépin Jan 4, 2017

It depends wether the movement is correctly hold or not with only one screw left. If not the movement could move a little in the case or put some undesired pressure on the stem or on one of the dial feet.

I would have that checked by a watchmaker before wearing it. You could have the watch serviced as well! It could be a good idea as the service history seems unknown.

heavenscloud and Tbone like this.
  9. Tbone Jan 4, 2017

Yup. What @François Pépin said... you'll be happier wearing it knowing its healthy.

heavenscloud likes this.
  10. heavenscloud Jan 4, 2017

Every vintage watch I buy is serviced before wearing it. Even if a seller states the watch was serviced, I would rather have the peace of mind knowing that a trusted watchmaker has looked after my watch. The definition of "service" varies widely and not all watchmakers are created equal. Had to learn this the hard way. Keep in mind, parts for vintage watches may be difficult or impossible to source, which means maintaining your watch in good condition is important.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forums!

Archer likes this.