Omega bumper 1949

Hello OF members, the seller said that this watch has an untouched dial and an unpolished case, it also comes with strap and buckle in the original box. The price is 1250 dollars. Is the price reasonable? Do you see any problems with the watch?

Thanks

Regards

IMG_4824.jpeg

IMG_4823.jpeg

IMG_4822.jpeg

IMG_4821.jpeg

Based solely on the provided photos I don't see any issues except one of the keepers is unfolding itself and the price which seems a bit high. What does the rest of the watch looks like? BTW original straps of this age are typically too dry to wear.

Based solely on the provided photos I don't see any issues except one of the keepers is unfolding itself and the price which seems a bit high. What does the rest of the watch looks like? BTW original straps of this age are typically too dry to wear.
Yes, it's a good watch overall. I don't know about the condition of the leather. He said the price is negotiable. What should I offer him?

For comparison, this is my 2577-4 cal 351 from 1950

Your potential purchase looks very nice but I suspect that the crown is incorrect and that the strap buckle is from a later period (whether original or aftermarket).

The price is high, notwithstanding the nice appearance, and I’d expect evidence that it was properly serviced.

Mine was £400 unserviced on eBay in 2020 so draw your own conclusions on price but in my view it’s about $500 more than it should be.

IMG_2455.jpeg

For comparison, this is my 2577-4 cal 351 from 1950

Your potential purchase looks very nice but I suspect that the crown is incorrect and that the strap buckle is from a later period (whether original or aftermarket).

The price is high, notwithstanding the nice appearance, and I’d expect evidence that it was properly serviced.

Mine was £400 unserviced on eBay in 2020 so draw your own conclusions on price but in my view it’s about $500 more than it should be.

IMG_2455.jpeg
The crown is not wrong and, if you notice, your watch and my watch have different cases.And I am sure that the strap is original. Maybe more experienced people can confirm

Looks like a decent watch, but the condition is nowhere near as pristine as the seller is claiming. I think you can decide for yourself how much you're willing to pay.

Looks like a decent watch, but the condition is nowhere near as pristine as the seller is claiming.
And if it's as they say, will it be too much to pay 1000 dollars? Wouldn't that be a good deal?

Since you are clearly a dealer, why do you care what we think is a fair asking price or are you still trying to slip sales posts under the radar? I ask since you pretend to want advice but if anyone challenges the price you suggest or the condition of the watch you lose your shit. Try to be a bit more subtle maybe.

Since you are clearly a dealer, why do you care what we think is a fair asking price or are you still trying to slip sales posts under the radar? I ask since you pretend to want advice but if anyone challenges the price you suggest or the condition of the watch you lose your shit. Try to be a bit more subtle maybe.
What kind of accusation is this? This watch isn't even mine. It belongs to someone who is both a collector and a dealer. Why do you consider it a bad thing that I am not a seller here within the rules? This forum is a forum for both exchanging information and selling. I am both a collector and a seller. But I am not selling here at the moment. And yes, I consult people here who know better than me for price research on watches I don't know. Because I don't know the market for every watch. And the market is volatile at such times. So stop making me look like someone who is trying to make illegal sales with the posts I open. While there are many platforms in this world, I will not disgrace myself to sell here. When I reach 200 posts, then I will publish my ad like everyone else. Please speak carefully when you say something. Thank you!

It's really sad what you said. I was going to open a post here and write a price and sell to people here in a way that is not in accordance with the rules. Really funny. A comment that also belittles the people here

Looks like you nailed it, @padders. 👍
Keep fooling yourself. For slandering me here about trying to make a secret sale. I'm ashamed of you.

Looks like you nailed it, @padders. 👍
That's a shame. If I reach 200 posts and start selling legally, I hope you won't resent me in your corner. I was slandered for allegedly trying to sell illegally here when there are various platforms like Catawiki, Chrono24, Ebay, Reddit 😂

Keep fooling yourself. For slandering me here about trying to make a secret sale. I'm ashamed of you.
🙄
You’ve been called out on this forum several times now, for selling the watches you share on here.

It's really sad what you said. I was going to open a post here and write a price and sell to people here in a way that is not in accordance with the rules. Really funny. A comment that also belittles the people here
We have seen it all before ... a few times.

Is a comment slander if I am said to be belittled here when I am not? People here have a need to know.

🙄
You’ve been called out on this forum several times now, for selling the watches you share on here.
Yes, I can sell whatever I want outside. I'm not authorized to sell here and I don't do it here. What's wrong with that? I also sell watches I've used for a while. I'm a hobbyist myself.

We have seen it all before ... a few times.

Is a comment slander if I am said to be belittled here when I am not? People here have a need to know.
Slander I am someone who both collects and sells outside. But I never try to sell here illegally and secretly. When I have a proper profile, then I will sell. I don't need to do such a thing when there are many platforms. And again, I'm not just a salesman. I love watches.

I think there should be no harm in sharing the watches that I have sold before and that I love.

Dial should be near mint at that price. Strap is useless, buckle is nice but isn't period correct.