Forums Latest Members

Omega Bullhead Rio edition

1. Cyrus Apr 3, 2016

Hi,
    I wanted to know what Omega fans think about this watch.
    Would people regard it as a future collectors piece?
    Thanks for your replies

2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Apr 3, 2016

Noisy Nova likes this.
  3. Cyrus Apr 3, 2016

Thanks for the picture .
    I was wondering with this watch limited to only 316 pieces, why is it still available to purchase from omega boutiques 6 months after release ?
    Any thoughts ?

4. tyrantlizardrex Apr 3, 2016

The colour combination probably isn't to everyones taste... and limited edition doesn't always mean desirable... especially when the colour combination... well you get the idea right? ;-)

Edited Apr 3, 2016
    Cyrus likes this.
  5. redpcar Apr 3, 2016

Shouldn't there be a Benetton logo on there somewhere? ;)

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  6. tyrantlizardrex Apr 3, 2016

Or Konica?

Cyrus likes this.
  7. Cyrus Apr 3, 2016

Appreciate the replies, thank you.
    If anyone has bought one of these I would be grateful to hear your thoughts ...

8. tyrantlizardrex Apr 3, 2016

I think a few people here have/have had the bullhead re-issue.

Was it the Rio one in particular that you were interested in hearing from people about, or just the modern

9. Cyrus Apr 3, 2016

10. Cyrus Apr 3, 2016

I was more interested in the fact that it was limited edition in reasonably low numbers....

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 3, 2016

Traditionally the Olympic special editions do not sell out, and are available for discount years after the Olympics they are made for. This does seem to be slightly lower numbers then most though.

I think that this is for 2 reasons, the somewhat odd colorways they tend to use, and the Olympic branding. Not many people that are not associated with the Olympics want an Olympic branded watch to wear. This set and I think the one before removed obvious branding, but the color scheme is not the most attractive for most people especially on this model. It just seems a bit confused to have such a modern colorway on a vintage style of watch.

Cyrus likes this.
  12. Cyrus Apr 3, 2016

Glad I asked the forum. Was considering purchasing - but I'm now against - thanks all you have saved me a lot of cash...

13. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 3, 2016

Look, if it speaks to you then get it or wait a bit and normally they can be had for discount after the Olympics are over. It is not an ugly watch, just a color scheme that does not appeal to some people, and even less so for most luxury watch buyers at this time which tend to stick to more traditional colors.

So far none of the Olympic watches have gone up at all. That being said no watch you buy today will be worth more money within the first few years. (OK there might be a few exceptions like the Alaska Project or Snoopy Speedmaster professionals, but those limited editions where already mostly sold out before they even hit the stores.) Even the Spectre Edition Seamaster which was in high demand can be found at discount currently and they made 7007 of those.

Cyrus likes this.
  14. Cyrus Apr 3, 2016

Thanks. I had enquired about spectre, but told no longer available from Omega ( in the UK)

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 3, 2016

Omega is sold out in the US and in the UK, but there are a few Authorized Dealers (AD's) in the US that have them, and from what we have been told more then a few in Asia are out there still for purchase new from Omega and AD's.

Cyrus likes this.
  16. tyrantlizardrex Apr 4, 2016

If you call into a boutique, rather than an AD, they can source stock through the global network and should be able to get one if they still have one. :)

17. VanDamme NOT "The Muscles from Brussels" Apr 4, 2016

My local AD still has both the Bullhead and the Spectre. I actually tried them on for giggles...
    Bullhead: It's nice but it does stand very high on the wrist.
    IMG_7288.JPG

Spectre: Very shiny.
    IMG_7285.JPG

And something else that was there that fit and looked awesome:
    IMG_7283.JPG

Doesn't give much perspective but a loose shot of all of them together with my 35mm Nomos:
    IMG_7289.JPG

18. ConElPueblo Apr 4, 2016

I think that the Rio 2016 Speedmaster will be the one to go after, if you were looking for an Olympic branded watch.

[​IMG]

ahartfie and oddboy like this.
  19. lillatroll Apr 4, 2016

The reissued bullhead from 2013 is also a limited edition, 669 pieces for each of the three variants. You can buy them for a lot less than the RRP. The two black dial variants are easily found and well discounted. The white dialed one is a little less common and not as well discounted. Used ones are available for around 40% less than the RRP, which is quite normal for depreciation on a newish watch. They are not the most popular model. If you are looking at it as an investment, then put your money in the bank. If you are looking to buy it because you love it, buy it and enjoy it. The Olympic version will probably be available for a very long time.