Forums Latest Members
  1. Whiteside Sep 21, 2016

Hi,
    I recently purchased a number of ladies vintage new "old stock" Omega watch straps, however the buckles are plain without the Omega logo but are stamped Omega on the reverse of the buckle, I wasn't aware that Omega produced buckles without the famous logo.
    Can anyone help?

2. GuiltyBoomerang Sep 21, 2016

Hi there! Posting some pictures of these buckles would be a good start. Particularly early buckles, such as those from the early 30s-40s, did have this trait. Your straps might have been from that period.

3. ConElPueblo Sep 21, 2016

I believe some from the 50's had this as well?

Have a look here and see if you can find anything matching - and do post some photos!!

4. Whiteside Sep 21, 2016

DSC06335.JPG DSC06345.JPG
    DSC06335.JPG

5. Whiteside Sep 21, 2016

Hi,
    Thanks for the advice I have placed a couple of photos, not the best I'm afraid.
    Regards

6. Whiteside Sep 21, 2016

hi
    Thanks for the link, some great information, although I haven't been able to authenticate the straps & buckles I purchased.
    Regards

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 21, 2016

These are for the US market. Note the size is stated in fractions of an inch, not in mm. Probably dates from the 1950's or 1960's.

Buckle shown looks legit to me. The same US manufacturer (no clue on the company) made similar buckles under license to domestic importers of many Swiss watch companies. Only thing different is the logo on the back.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  8. Whiteside Sep 21, 2016

Hi,
    Thanks for the valuable information, it gives me the answer I am looking for relating to the authenticity of the straps.
    Thanks again.
    Regards