Forums Latest Members
  1. nonono Aug 11, 2018

So I just got a '57 in steel and red gold. I bought it on strap but was wondering what would be my best bet when it comes to sourcing a matching bracelet. I'm going to need the one that's in steel and red gold. Ideally I would have liked to buy one that alrdy came with the bracelet but I couldn't find any locally. Does anyone have any good recommendations? Is ordering one from omega the only way to go about it? I've looked online with little luck :(

2. ext1 Aug 11, 2018

Did you buy from a dealer or from OB? For this kind of bracelet I'd guess OB is the best way. Apparently people can order all sorts of things from OBs.

nonono likes this.
  3. nonono Aug 11, 2018

Pardon the immensely noobish question here, but what does OB stand for? ::facepalm1::
    I got it from a friend of mine who was selling, hence I was limited to the strap.

4. ext1 Aug 11, 2018

Omega Boutique :) honestly I was also really confused until someone explained to me.
    Yep, if you got it from a buddy, best bet is OB, but then I wonder what he did with that bracelet?

nonono likes this.
  5. nonono Aug 11, 2018

Thanks for the explanation. I think he bought the model which comes with the strap instead of the bracelet. I was hoping to add a bracelet to it. I don't mind contacting OB but I'm afraid of boutique prices :eek:

6. ext1 Aug 11, 2018

A steel & red gold bracelet is a really specific item that I wouldn't expect to appear on the market outside of OBs, so unfortunately I think you should ask them.

But, apparently there are ways to negotiate the price with them, and maybe some of our experienced members can comment on some of those...I've personally never bought from OBs.

nonono likes this.
  7. nonono Aug 11, 2018

Thanks so much for the help so far! Would be interesting to learn some bargaining tactics if anyone has had experiences in that field before!

8. ext1 Aug 11, 2018

I think a quick search on the forum would yield good results since I'm sure others have bought stuff from OBs and shared their experiences in the past...good luck!

nonono likes this.
  9. nonono Aug 11, 2018

Thank you! I'm going to look through the forum and see what I can find

10. sevykor Aug 12, 2018

I don’t believe OB prices are negotiable. I would check price just so you know what to expect.

nonono likes this.
  11. nonono Aug 12, 2018

I guess that's what I'll do. I'm gonna give them a ring today and hopefully they can disclose the price over the phone. If not I guess I'll make a trip down to the OB to see wassup with the prices. Either way I'll definately post any info I get on prices in this thread

12. nonono Aug 12, 2018

F*** me, just got off the phone and it turns out, bi colour bracelet for the omega 57 according to OB Singapore is $6210! (approx 4500usd) Does that sound right? I had to confirm it with the lady on the phone 3x to make sure we were talking about the same thing!
    And yea.. Prices are non negotiable ::screwloose::

13. Bushido Aug 13, 2018

With the center links being solid rose gold, that price does not seem too crazy. There appears to be a pretty decent amount of precious metal being used. I admit that I have not priced an Omega TT bracelet out before in order to have a reference.

Perhaps chasing down an AD whom could also order you one in would be willing to offer a discount? Have you contacted an AD too and tried that route?

nonono likes this.
  14. nonono Aug 13, 2018

Yes I have to say that compared to other omega gold/steel bracelets I've seen, the one on the 57 definately has more gold used (which is also why I really want one)
    I haven't gone the AD route yet. That would entail a bit more time. But I will most certainly consider that option if there is a possibility of a discount on 4.5k. Thanks for the tip. Again, I will post any results I find in this thread.

15. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 13, 2018

Yep - that's the price. Welcome to the world of mid-tier watches with gold content.

dinexus and nonono like this.
  16. dinexus Aug 13, 2018

Pretty much site-wide, there's about a 4 - $5000 premium on the two-tone bracelets compared to their non precious-metal variants.

nonono likes this.
  17. nonono Aug 13, 2018

I was told the plain stainless steel one was around approximately 1300usd. Quite a big jump from stainless steel to bi colour. Oh well.. The strap looks great now that I found out the price of the bi colour bracelet. Think I'll keep it on strap. Don't think perlon or natos really suit this model though.. So I guess I'll stick with brown leather.