Forums Latest Members
  1. shoota70 Jun 6, 2018

Hi;

I wanted to take the time to share my recent Omega warranty service experience, a very good one, as it seems only the bad ones get any press.

I purchased a 3576.50 from one of our trusted sellers. It had nearly 2 years of Omega Factory warranty on it at the time I purchased it, from an AD someone in the bowels of Europe. I am in the Midwest of the U.S.

It arrived to me with an issue unnoticed by our Trusted Seller, who offered every sort of remedy on his end to fix/refund.

Since it was under warranty we decided that I would go to my local boutique and send it back to Omega for repair under warranty. I had trepidation due to the fact that it was a fairly long since discontinued model, from an AD in Europe, and with a very fresh factory warranty.

The salesman at the boutique processed my repair without any hiccups at all. Omega inspected the piece and the warranty without any issues at all. I was quoted 8 weeks on the return of the watch, but was delighted to get it back in 3 weeks, working perfectly!

My takeaway from all of this - when you have the option of purchasing "grey" with the Omega warranty card - that is the way to go. I had the option of buying the same watch from 2 different sellers - one with card and one w/o. With was a couple hundred dollars more. I made the right decision. (although the one w/o probably would not have needed service at all).

Fusion, andrewwink, TucCur and 8 others like this.
  2. JSal16 Jun 6, 2018

Thanks for sharing...

3. akshayluc420 Jun 6, 2018

Glad to hear the issue was resolved so quickly; what was the issue if you don't mind sharing please?

4. Braindrain Jun 6, 2018

Good to know how Omega handles these issues.

5. shoota70 Jun 7, 2018

Moonphase pusher wouldn't depress

6. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 7, 2018

My 60th Anniversary Speedmaster (from the Trilogy) was running a bit fast (15 sec/day), not a biggie, but my FOIS has always run within a few sec, so I took it first to the Boutique I bought it from, in Florida, when I was on vacation there. Was told it was magnetized and was demagnetized there; it seemed fine for a day afterwards, but then was still running fast by the same amount. I then took it to the Boutique local to me, in Chicago; was sent to have it regulated. Came back a week later, but now was running 30 sec/day fast! Took it back and it was sent off again and underwent a complete maintenance. A week later it was sent back to me (waived the shipping fee), and it was within 5 sec/day. Happy ending, though it took awhile, and I never really found out what was the matter in the first place.

7. Reborn Jun 24, 2018

That boutique is taking a long term view of the customer relationship. Win win situation.

8. nttisch23 Jun 26, 2018

3 weeks turnaround... pretty quick! Thanks for sharing :)