Forums Latest Members

Omega boutique Apollo 17 purchase

1. michael22 Jun 12, 2019

They say he can get a replacement caseback with LE number. That would have helped me make the decision.
    Maybe that's wrong?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 12, 2019

Pretty much where I’m sitting on it. On the other hand, it’s a fairly unloved LE, and this does differentiate it. Omega claims it is 1711/1171 (I forget) so it’s legit and the serial matches. It’s a unique caseback for this LE and most likely the only one marked this way. But it’s still this LE which doesn’t excite a large number of people.

Let’s say well bought.

3. omegabruh Jun 12, 2019

I see your points. I don’t why anyone else would buy it. I bought it for some reasons:

1. I like this watch and I like the fact that it’s “unique” it’s own way with the numbering missing and that’s okay by me. I think it’s a cool anomaly that becomes a talking point. Plus, I can get it replaced if need be, no big deal.

2. I got the letter to support it was legitimately purchased at the boutique store.

3. I wanted to buy at an Omega boutique store and not an AD (after all, it’s an experience). I went to the one in Manhattan, they weren’t willing to discount anything. I went to one in Paramus and they would only discount the watch 8%. I got more from this store and I was happy with the deal.

4. I really liked the people I dealt with. I wasn’t an easy customer and they went above and beyond to answer any of my questions and earn my business.

Evitzee and superfly like this.
  4. omegabruh Jun 12, 2019

I agree with you. I do agree that this LE didn’t get much love but you have some who like it and some who do not. Almost every person I showed this to before making the purchase said they liked it, it was “different” and I think that’s ultimately what I wanted, a watch that was unique or different.

It is #1117/1972. Serial on the watch matches warranty card, matches the letter and all of that is captured on the receipt.

I also reached out to a contact at Omega in Switzerland to help just “put the nail in the coffin”. Once they respond, I’ll provide serial details and that should bury it then. Though, I have no doubt of authenticity as this was bought at an Omega boutique store.

MTROIS and Foo2rama like this.
  5. drhex Jun 13, 2019

Happy to help with Omega Suisse if necessary. I would ask them to get the correct back and try to keep the current one (which they will most probably say no to). Still strange as the OBs can send watches back without penalty to my knowledge, don’t get why they didn’t do that.

MTROIS likes this.
  6. omegabruh Jun 13, 2019

Thanks for the help @drhex, it’s much appreciated. Yes, if Omega can send a caseback without changing this one that okay, if not, honestly, I’m not bothered. I plan to keep the watch for a very long time (barring any circumstances that I would need to liquidate all things I own... knock on wood, not).

Can you PM me any leads on Omega Suisse?

7. drhex Jun 13, 2019

@omegabruh Will ask, can you PM me the serial please? Sorry, can’t send contacts.

8. ctpete Jun 14, 2019

Glad it worked out, but I would have wanted a letter on official Omega letterhead.

9. omegabruh Jun 14, 2019

Yep, agreed. I was sooo excited to get the watch and for the purchase that I did not check it. I have already asked for one and they will provide on official Omega letterhead when I pick up my extra leather strap when it arrives in the mail.

Does anyone have a good spot to get a nato strap for a reasonable price?

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 14, 2019

Oem? No... blueshark are nice and don’t break the bank.

omegabruh likes this.
  11. omegabruh Jun 14, 2019

Thanks.. I will check out blueshark...