Forums Latest Members

Omega boutique Apollo 17 purchase

1. omegabruh May 18, 2019

I don’t think these were as popular to be honest. I have seen them still in stock at most boutiques. Even saw one today at an AD.

BenBagbag likes this.
  2. Evitzee May 18, 2019

I suppose it could have a replacement back which was somehow damaged along the way. What does the warranty card say about size of edition? 3000 can't be right.

I saw one of these at a boutique a few months ago.

3. omegabruh May 18, 2019

Sorry about the confusion. The “xxx/3000” was supposed to be just a representation of what it says on the back and not necessarily the LE number so my apologies about that. I can certainly provide pics as I plan to go there Monday as they are closed tomorrow.

4. omegabruh May 18, 2019

Yes, you are right, my apologies, me writing the “xxx/3000” was just supposed to be representation of what it says on the back and not necessarily the LE number.

5. MTROIS May 18, 2019

Yes, we will just wait for the pics and leave it at that until then.
    Enjoy your weekend! :thumbsup:

6. Longbow May 18, 2019

Maybe that’s the number that they have actually sold so far of this model, or the number of people who admit to owning it.

I can’t even imagine what the likely resale value would be, with or without papers.

7. DiiQue I don't believe that is possible. May 19, 2019

Why didn't you just save yourself from all this trouble of asking if a piece of paper from an OB could replace having the actual numbered caseback and just bought the piece you claim to have seen "today"?

If you had to ask if the paper would hold up years later, then you probably already know the answer.

Update: Changed AD to OB. :)

Yellowjacket likes this.
  8. micampe May 19, 2019

You are questioning this piece of paper when it comes straight from the official Omega Boutique, do you expect a future potential buyer to question the same piece of paper when it comes from you, a random private seller on the internet?

JAAA, gostang9, Yellowjacket and 2 others like this.
  9. michael22 May 19, 2019

sounds like a factory franken.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 19, 2019

No it’s an AD... someone yanked the back and replaced it with another.

michael22 likes this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 19, 2019

@omegabruh

Does the back look like this? It should have last man on the moon wording.

CDC55AD0-60A2-4CE7-AEC1-371555857184.png

12. omegabruh May 19, 2019

That’s the thing, not even an AD. We are talking an actual Omega store. They sell nothing but Omega. This too in a very affluent, very well recognized store.

13. omegabruh May 19, 2019

Yes! Yes! This is it, except you see on the top there is a screw and underneath it says “limited edition” and “xxx/yyyy”? Now the “xxx/yyyy” is the only thing missing on the caseback.

Again, this is the actual Omega boutique store and when I pointed that out, they gave me two options:

1. Order me one from another store that has a numbered caseback. Time frame would be 1-2 weeks.
    2. Take one in store and they provide a letter supporting watch authentication and admitting that THIS particular watch did not have the numbering in the back and is a factory error and it was sold as such from their store. Again, letter will on Omega letter head etc etc.

Hope this helps.

14. Lurk41 May 19, 2019

IMO you should ask them to order it from another store.

Stupid question but the watches made for press review are not numbered, right?

15. boraxman May 19, 2019

I would not by it unless offered a substantial discount.

16. AntonisCy May 19, 2019

One of the videos of the SS 50th Speedy i saw a few days ago had the words "NOT FOR SALE" lasered under one of the lugs!

17. Bushido May 19, 2019

If it's from an Omega boutique then it's fair to assume the authenticity is legit. I wonder if you could push for a healthy discount on this particular piece and then immediately send it in to Omega to have the correct back put on? Save some money and have the error corrected.

If you don't like this idea, or they're unwilling to discount, I would wait for them to procure a correct model and purchase that one.

Yellowjacket likes this.
  18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 19, 2019

Screw?

Poday, Longbow, Dan S and 1 other person like this.
  19. Wivac Terribly special May 19, 2019

Crown I'm thinking

20. Lurk41 May 19, 2019

I think I saw the same video ;) but it happened on Omega headquarters. Also I am sure this is not written on reviewed watches (or at least that was not the case until very recent time). This writing is so obvious, I would have noticed it

AntonisCy likes this.