Forums Latest Members
  1. waveguide Oct 25, 2018

Expect to take delivery of a watch ordered through an OB next month and after reading stories in the forum asked the manager there about the hang tag, stickers, coffin box and outermost shipping box. I was told they will give me everything but the hang tag. Was told their policy is to always keep the hang tag and nobody there can explain why. The hang tag comes from Omega with the watch and the warranty and pictogram cards in the coffin box. Why would the OB possibly insist on retaining the tag?

Mad Dog and queriver like this.
  2. MrJKLFoams Oct 25, 2018

Weird I bought my moonphase metas last week and the manager gave me everything. I heard story about this before maybe depending where you from.

Bill Sohne and Mad Dog like this.
  3. gostang9 Oct 25, 2018

Tell them to cancel and you’ll order from another OB that will give you everything... might change their tune... ?

Mad Dog, Doc Savage, Toishome and 3 others like this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 25, 2018

My OB took the hang tag from my ST2 initially, but gave it to me when I asked to have it. There is zero reason for them to keep it.

DaveK, Mad Dog and gostang9 like this.
  5. queriver Oct 25, 2018

This can't be global Omega policy. Due to what's been written here on OF about some OB's withholding hang tags, when I called my OB in Sydney Australia last month to schedule an ST#2 collection I made sure to ask them whether the hang tag would be included, they confirmed it will be, and it was there on pick-up. You should send a message about this to Omega via their website (Contact Us page) and please post their reply because I'm sure many of us here would like to know what's going on with this inconsistent policy.

Mad Dog and Pun like this.
  6. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 25, 2018

Some rules are rooted in distant traditions that no one remembers the reason for or why they continue. It can rise to the level of corporate superstitious behavior.

"but, but, we've always done it this way."

DaveK, Speedy2254, Loevhagen and 5 others like this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 26, 2018

Both my STs came from Sydney and both were sent in box without coffin or hang tags.

Dont really care as long as everything else and receipt is there.

Could have got both if i wanted but meh....

Was chatting to the aussie CEO of Omega about this a while back and he mentioned nutters like us are the only ones that care about hang tags

tpetra87, lando, Mad Dog and 7 others like this.
  8. ama98 Oct 26, 2018

I agree. The watch that all matters... the tag will just sit in the box without any purpose...

Frunkinator and Mad Dog like this.
  9. Stufflers Mom Oct 26, 2018

All of the new Omega's I've bought over the last few years have came with the hang tag.

waveguide likes this.
  10. time flies Oct 26, 2018

I believe the "value" of the associated stuff that accompanies a new watch comes into play if and when the watch is sold there by giving it purpose. Many feel it's all part of the package and should be preserved. Me? I have a box full of boxes and stuff taking up space. Can't seem to get rid of it though. Maybe I need to sell some watches. Maybe not.

have fun
    kfw

waveguide likes this.
  11. jimmyd13 Oct 26, 2018

Tell them you are a collector. Explain that you want everything. You can, if you want, say that this sort of thing sours the experience of buying a new watch and that you're ready to cancel the order and buy from another outlet.

There is one Rolex/Omega AD local to me that has a holier than thou attitude (actually, it's just the manageress) so I've taken my business 400 yards down the road to a larger AD. Even the security guard there is nice. Huge. But nice.

Speedy2254 and creighton like this.
  12. speedy_fan Dec 14, 2018

My Speedytuesday Ultraman doesn't come with hang tag and coffin box, I do saw people from other parts of the world managed to get the full complete package.

13. watchstick_81 Dec 14, 2018

At Old Bold Street (OB in London) I requested to receive everything, so even all the plastic that comes with the package. And this was no problem at all, just mention it on forehand. Some boutiques unwrap it so it makes for a better buyer experience in general. So when you open the box, you see the watch instead of plastic, blister packs, hang tags etc. Sounds like my worst nightmare ;-)

Perhaps they want to keep in that boutique to scare of flippers? Doesn't make much sense as it hardly holds any value.

So just make clear you really want everything.

connieseamaster likes this.
  14. speedy_fan Dec 14, 2018

I do request for everything, they told me their retail policy is to remove the hangtag and that coffin box as its not part of the retail packaging.

15. watchstick_81 Dec 14, 2018

Ok so it's THEIR policy and not OMEGA policy. I've read many posts about this, also from Omega boutiques in Singapore. I guess it's their way to prevent people buying watching to flip it. Although that sounds more like what Rolex would do. If you really want it, say you will take your business elsewhere. You pay for the whole package imho.

connieseamaster and Buster like this.
  16. taz101 Dec 14, 2018

Rubbish I got it last week just OB being silly

47318099_341680206648825_6455015213694451712_n.jpg
    cicindela likes this.
  17. Green Omega Dec 14, 2018

Mine is store dependent. My first AD where I bought two watches gave me the hang tag. The other OB retained the hang tag and when I asked about it, she mentioned company policy to keep the tag. Doesn’t bother me at all.

18. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Dec 14, 2018

When I bought my CK2998 2+ years ago at the OB it came with coffin and hang tag. I am in California, did not even ask, that is how it came (and what I would expect).

19. balmung0 Dec 14, 2018

When I purchased my SpeedyTuesday, everything came with coffins and hang tag. However, when I purchased my seamster, they did not give me the hang tag.. so weird. I guess it depends on product or occasion.

20. SpeedyD Dec 15, 2018

Appologies if this has been asked before, but what is the big deal about hang tags?

cristos71 and SpeedyPhill like this.