Forums Latest Members
  1. tjs Feb 17, 2019

I have decided to purchase my first Omega. I was surprised when I visited the Omega Boutique that the discount they offered wasn't as substantial as I was expecting. Essentially offering the 311.30.42.30.01.006 at retail with no tax (so an 8% discount). Is that expected? She claimed the watch was hot, which I agree, but I can also go buy it online from Omega directly so it isn't a supply and demand issue.

2. taz101 Feb 17, 2019

No chance they will never discount anything. You have to go to an AD for that.

MustWatch, mikekchc and time flies like this.
  3. Sublime_1 Feb 17, 2019

If you looking for a discount go grey or used.

Swissmister, MustWatch and Foo2rama like this.
  4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Feb 17, 2019

OB won't discount on watches, but might on service and other products depending on relationship. Enough people will pay retail and I suspect they prefer to build relationships with those that will buy multiple watches and bring their friends that will also buy multiple watches.

Im not one to buy new/retail but I did buy my ck2998 from the OB. I got a few perks, and I'm happy with this OB and they always help me out. But, I prefer used, as I know if I flip I will come out slightly ahead or even if I have to sell.

I have a friend who continues to buy new from the OB and he gets tons of perks. One day we discussed this, and I gotta say the perks more than made up for what one may lose if they sold after buying retail.

Fusion, MustWatch and LeonDeBayonne like this.
  5. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 17, 2019

Of course they will. My experience at an OB is that they first offer a free gift or two. When you turn that down (and you should) their next offer will be to cover the sales tax. That might be as far as they go, but if it’s not an especially fast moving model they might go further if you push and start walking out the door. Still, you might do better at an AD, especially if you are in a city that has both an OB and one or more ADs selling the same Omega watches.

Biggest discount though is grey market/used for sure.

MustWatch likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 17, 2019

OB’s will almost never on new or popular models. If they do it’s older models and not huge.

MustWatch likes this.
  7. rohnin Feb 17, 2019

Which OBs can give you no tax, unless you ship it?

8. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 17, 2019

We are talking about USA sales tax here. So, covering the sales tax just means that they are giving you an 8% discount, more or less...precise amount depends on the sales tax rate in the state in question. The tax still gets paid to the state, but the OB covers it, not you.

WatchShopping likes this.
  9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 17, 2019

None of them. If a watch has an MSRP of $5,000, they'll sell it here for $4,672.90. Sales tax on that at 7% is $327.10.

Total = $5,000 exactly.
    gatorcpa

Flintlock and 3nicewatches like this.
  10. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 17, 2019

Agreed. If it’s a popular model that they are having no trouble moving regularly, you ain’t getting a discount. You just have to try for it on whatever model you are after and be willing to walk, for real, if they say no. If they let you walk, it was one of those models!

I bought two of my nice watches from boutiques, and one from an AD, and I did not pay MSRP for any of them...not even close.

MustWatch likes this.
  11. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 17, 2019

He said it better, and much more efficiently, than I did!

12. Sublime_1 Feb 17, 2019

Recently? There was a time, in the not too distant past, a discount could be negotiated on a SS Rolex.

13. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 17, 2019

October 2018. But, and it’s a really big but, one was a DSOTM....and as we all know, as do the OBs, it’s easy to get them new for “cheap” in the grey market now.

My other recent one though was a Blancpain from the LV Blancpain boutique and that model was only announced at Basel 2018...but I still managed to at least get the sales covered on that

14. Sublime_1 Feb 17, 2019

I'll be needing to see a picture of that. Please and thank you. ;)

15. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Feb 17, 2019

Full disclosure, I’ve posted this particular pic before
    8ABBBA8D-A4DF-4D1C-9AB8-9A8F71D1CF0E.jpeg

And this one
    218C660D-5952-46CA-A092-E90C519D49CF.jpeg

16. Sublime_1 Feb 17, 2019

both beautiful.

17. elmar2001 Feb 18, 2019

A Omega Boutique will never give a large discount. It is important for them that the watch keeps its value. If everybody buys without discount you could sell the watch with a higher price later.

I do not like discounts at all. A price should be the price for everyone and realistic. If it is necessary to sell with discounts something is going wrong.

Nevertheless it is possible to get the watch with discount and then we would be stupid not to take it. But in my opinion the manufacturer should tell their dealers not to discount the watches.

Petervl and orlis like this.
  18. MrJKLFoams Feb 18, 2019

I managed to get 5.5% off with the moonwatch (first time I bought from the AD) and 20% off with the omega moonphase chronograph metas. But I bought 3 rolexes from same AD as well for past years.

19. desertwanderer Feb 18, 2019

Over xmas the Omega boutique here in Dubai offered me 20% off a Speedmaster and 20% off a deville. In January they ran an offer of a 50% voucher back to spend against a second watch. Dubai is a low tax economy i guess with a lot of tourists dollars who are willing to haggle, especially the Chinese. It does show however that if you think globally there are deals out there beyond your local OB first offer that you should be putting in front of them to match.

20. Evitzee Feb 18, 2019

OBs in the Caribbean will discount, normally 15% of U.S. list price. Was offered one of the anniversary Seamasters at 15% off right out of the gate in Aruba. The Carribean is extremely competitive because the competition is fierce and many visitors on cruise ships are only there for the day, they have to strike right away. Some ports may be more competitive than others.

mikekchc and Jerseyhammer like this.