Forums Latest Members

OMEGA BLACK BLACK CERAMIC SEAMASTER broken bezel

1. Nkynky Aug 7, 2022

My bb ceramic seamster somehow slipped off my wrist and dropped on the bathroom floor .At first glance i though it was fine. But after closer examination, the ceramic bezel was broken at 4 o'clock . Took it to Omega HK service center, replacement of the bezel was quoted around USD 2000. The bezel can still turn, should i replace the bezel? Just bought the watch in less then 3 month, kind of worry i will drop it again after replace it with a new bezel.

PXL_20220807_073011984.jpg PXL_20220807_072956669.jpg
  2. YY77 Aug 7, 2022

Whether you do or do not get a new bezel, you could lessen the risk of damage (new bezel or even worse the case) by putting it on a deployant clasp.

3. Eve Aug 7, 2022

Oh dear, thats a hefty price for a bezel :eek:
    Thats exactly the reason i stay away from ceramic watches.
    Lovely watch though :thumbsup:
    I would probably leave it as it is and change it once the bezel is completely damaged.

Blackjack 24 likes this.
  4. o.m.e.g.a Aug 7, 2022

Wow, $2K for bezel replacement ?! List price for the whole watch used to be $8,650.00 ...

phm14 and Blackjack 24 like this.
  5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 7, 2022

If it were me, I’d just leave it alone and wear it, worst case scenario it falls off and breaks and then you’re no worse off than you are now anyway.

One other thing worth considering is whether you have a potential claim under your home and contents insurance policy as the repair may be low enough to be just under many limits but high enough to be worth making. I had a policy in Australia that I made sure had me covered when I had my Apollo 8 ceramic moonwatch as I was afraid of a ceramic replacement bill.

140dave, Omegafanman and Eve like this.
  6. Ck375 Aug 7, 2022

If funds allow (and if it is possible) purchase a replacement bezel together with a deployant clasp and change the bezel at a (much) later date. As per most things nowadays prices only ever go up so you will save yourself a few hundred dollars if you decide to replace it further down the line.

7. Al22 Aug 7, 2022

That a general issue with ceramic bezel. For that reason, I like steel bezel more. A lot cheaper if you have to replace it;)

Best

Alex

8. 140dave Aug 7, 2022

Archer, watchyouwant and Eve like this.
  9. Nono01 Aug 8, 2022

Ok, so I had to really check the photo before noticing the crack. The chipped pard has the same texture as the insert, so you can't really tell unless you really focus on that point. For 2K, I would stick to it. Think of it as wabi in terms of scratches that you can't get on the ceramic case

10. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Aug 8, 2022

I'd secure it and wear as is. Secure: place the watch between 2 books ( or else..) lug at 7 o'clock down. Turn the bezel until the crack is vertical up next to the crown. Slip a thin piece of plastic or even metal / Foil under the bezel at this location. Buy Loctite 406 super glue only. Use your finest screwdriver / sewing needle and place a very small drop inside the crack. It will not go far into the crack , but seals both parts. Do that immediately again until the top of the crack. Maybe not necessary , but no harm. After the setting time ( around a few minutes only ), remove that divider ( plastic/ foil...) . Let it dry one day. Then you can use one of these 4 sided nail polish files to smooth it . If it stands out, one drop matte black paint will do the trick. Good luck !

mrs_LA, Larry S, Eve and 1 other person like this.