Forums Latest Members
  1. plongeur78 Nov 4, 2013

Hi guys

I was looking at another baby ploprof but not sure on this one posted on the most popular auction site,looks like an original dial,any opinions on this one regards originality etc?

Thanks.

image.jpg
  2. plongeur78 Nov 4, 2013

Also this one image.jpg

3. Wolf9827 Nov 4, 2013

Hi,

I own the same watch purchased in 1984 in Germany.
    Both seem to be authentic. The first one has the 12 o´clock index different from mine. The one that you´re showing has no line across it. I´ve seen that before and it may be a later issued dial or a service dial.
    The second one is exactly the same as mine (the 12 o´clock index has the line printed).
    Hope this helps.

Best regards.

4. sgk Nov 4, 2013

I would agree with Wolf9827 that the first one is probably a service dial which was likely replaced early on, hence the patina matching the rest of the watch. But the hands put me off. Larger one should be a faded orange but it seems to have been painted over. Marker at 9 either had lume removed or it disintegrated. Date disc color doesn't match the rest of the watch. Could be something pieced together. Regardless aesthetically not that appealing.

Second one is a better example

5. plongeur78 Nov 4, 2013

Thanks for the input guys,yes I was keen on the 2nd piece,its not on a mesh bracelet though so might hold out for an original baby ploprof with milanese bracelet and fingers crossed.......papers!Not many on the market apart from watchco's though.
    you have a nice example to might I add wolf9827,if it's the same one on watchuseek

6. sgk Nov 4, 2013

I think you have the right idea waiting for the right one to come along. Learnt that myself the hard, and expensive, way :)
    Mine is currently being serviced and I already procured a vintage Omega mesh to go with it. Waiting anxiously for it come back.

Good luck with the hunt!

7. plongeur78 Nov 4, 2013

Yes definately,I will be selling my watchco SHOM soon as I really wanted a vintage but couldn't wait and it's just not the same!The postman will be tormented in your household,remember the pictures when it's ready!