Forums Latest Members
  1. Delawer1 Jul 20, 2014

Hi,

I have Omega aviator watch. My grandfather bought it in 1936 and he wore it the whole life (cca 50 years). The case is all stainless steel - 40mm in diameter, and with a 24mm strap width. It has a very nice inner rotating bezel. I found, that movement is calibre 26.5 SOB T2.

Can anybody say me some more information about my watch or anybody has that same watch at home? Thanks

DSC_0297.jpg
    Omega.JPG

Omega3.JPG

OmegaAviator-Ad.jpg

Varasc, ock2915, Gavin and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Jul 20, 2014

Hi, this watch appears unexpectingly well preserved for a watch of that age that has been worn for a lifetime. Has it been serviced recently?

Do you have any picture of the inside of the caseback?

3. Delawer1 Jul 20, 2014

Thanks. This watch is great and I like it. I`m 3.rd generation, who has this watch. My grandfather bought it in military sale in 1936 (cca), he wore it. Than my father, but he broke a watch hands a plastic glass. He got another hands, but they were horrible...

Omega pilotky.jpg

It has servised last winter. It has a new old hands, polished case and cleaned the movement. I have not any photo of case back, because it is very polished and I have a problem with photo. it. But I will try it again.

JimInOz likes this.
  4. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 20, 2014

[​IMG]

your hands are not original. apart from that it is a very nice and big aviators from the 30`s. very rare now in original condition. and here is the other, slightly older one with the enamel dial:
    [​IMG]

and the 3. one makes the triumvirat complete:

[​IMG]

kind regards from down under. achim

ock2915, Gavin and UncleBuck like this.
  5. Delawer1 Jul 21, 2014

Hi,

I know, that my watch hands aren`t original. My father broke them, when the watch fell down.... and buy other original watch hands is impossible... so, Im happy, that I bought similar.

The watch on photo is yours? It look like perfect. Can I ask you? Are inner numbers repainted?

6. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Jul 21, 2014

the inner bezel numbers have lume as well....... you should replace your inner bezel pointer ; easy to do. kind regards. achim