Forums Latest Members
  1. thomas213 Aug 26, 2016

Hi, I'm considering this watch. The pictures could be better, but I don't see any obvious red flags. I'm not sure about the dial texture and lack of a model name. I've asked the seller for a shot directly facing the dial, but so far haven't got it.

What do you think? Thanks as always for your time and insight!

s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-5.jpg

2. Canuck Aug 26, 2016

Be prepared to spend some money on it. The rotor has been dragging on the rim of the pillar plate, as well as the under side of the case back. Chances are there is other wear as well, which is not so immediately evident.

3. westmtn Aug 26, 2016

Hard to tell from that picture but this watch should have "swiss" at the bottom of the dial. You can almost see something there so it may just be hidden by the crystal. The lack of "seamaster" is consistent with the lack of engraving on the caseback. I think it looks correct and I do like the textured dial. I agree with Canuck and I would be concerned about the rotor.

Here's a similar watch. What size is that? The ad the photo came from claimed 33mm. That would be a deal breaker for me. If you like this style and want a 35mm look at Seamaster 30s.

[​IMG]

4. thomas213 Aug 26, 2016

Thanks Canuck, I now see the marks from the dragging rotor. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that in the future.

You're right westmtn, the one from my OP is also 33mm, good catch. I've never worn a watch that size, but I gather it is quite small. I may follow your advice and constrain my search to 35mm Seamasters.

Very appreciative of these useful responses. What a great forum!