Forums Latest Members
  1. rincondeltiempo Feb 2, 2019

Good morning OF,

I recently purchased this vintage Omega. Blue dial (with some damage, specially around the hour markers), but overall beautiful.
    What stood out to me was the "MEISTER" signature. From what I could see on the internet through a google search, I believe the signature to be genuine. Also, the seconds hand appears to be wrong. Having my doubts about the crown too.
    Inside it's packing a cal. 565 with a 27,XXX,XXX serial number, dating it back to 1968.

I would really much appreciate your opinions on the watch, anything that you may consider will be very much appreciated. Also, any monetary value?

Thank you for your time, OF!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gminnj likes this.
  2. tdn-dk Feb 2, 2019

VintageWatchIta likes this.
  3. rincondeltiempo Feb 2, 2019

Really appreciate the feedback! Now let's get to work to find those haha. Do you have any reference on the crown?

4. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 2, 2019

FYI, Meister is a Swiss jewelry firm. They have retail shops and they would co-brand watches. Turler and Tiffany also have done this, for example.

If you can access the inside of the caseback you may be able to get the part number for the seconds hand and crown. They may not be readily available.

EDIT:

Here's a link to one of the Meister store's website: https://www.meister-uhren.ch/

Edited Feb 2, 2019
  5. tdn-dk Feb 3, 2019

The reference on the watch is 166.041 and the crown that is available now, it is at stock at https://www.cousinsuk.com/

upload_2019-2-3_8-13-30.png

6. rincondeltiempo Feb 3, 2019

Really appreciate it.
    I'm having trouble finding the second hand, does anyone know if the one for the Dynamic is the same?
    Thank you!

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 3, 2019

While it is nice and quirky to have the double signed dial, I do hope you didn't pay a big premium for it since that is otherwise a fairly common reference which isn't in great condition. Blue dials often deteriorate and that one is no exception. Even with hands and crown sorted it'll never be a minter. I wouldn't personally throw a lot of money at it since IMO you won't see it back.

rincondeltiempo likes this.
  8. rincondeltiempo Feb 3, 2019

I didn't pay any premium IMO. It was from a seller that didn't even know that double signed dials where any desirable or they added some value to the watch. I payed 300€ for it, assuming new crown and new second hand, let's say it adds another 60€. Could potentially have a good resell value.
    Forgot to mention that it came with the original omega signed bracelet.

9. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 3, 2019

Are you able to fit the crown and hand yourself? If not you need to factor in the cost of fitting and likely a service too. A quick search on Ebay shows that 166.041 models fetch circa £300 so around €350. Like I say, you won't see much of a gain if it is your intention to flip it for profit. The dial damage will make that a tough sell so it could fetch considerably less.

rincondeltiempo likes this.