Forums Latest Members
  1. Soloshchenko Oct 20, 2015

Hi there. I know more about football in the Congolese third division Than I do about watches. I do own a nice Omega automatic watch that was left to me by my father before he passed and I always wanted to get more info on it.

The watch works but being a total idiot I don't even know how to set the time. If I pull the trigger (I know, this is painful isn't it?) out only the date adjusts.

I'm interested what model this is, what date it was made and, of course, potential value.

Thanks in advance for your help. The jewellers in my area are ignorant crooks.

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. Georgieboy58 Oct 20, 2015

Upload a few pictures (of your watch, not the Congolese third division) so we have a better idea what watch you are talking about.

3. Soloshchenko Oct 20, 2015

Hi, can you see the pics now?

4. italy1861 Oct 20, 2015

Pics of movement and inside of case back would make tell you everything you need to know. Then we can give more precise information.

5. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Oct 20, 2015

Two position crown. Pulling to the first click sets the date, pulling to the second click sets the time.

Tom

6. Soloshchenko Oct 20, 2015

Okay I'll open her up. What's the safest way of doing this?

Do I get an award for being the newbiest newb?

7. Soloshchenko Oct 20, 2015

Ordered a watch knife. I'll post pics as soon as I get it. Thanks for help so far.

Tom, it only seems to click out once. Looks well worn

8. italy1861 Oct 20, 2015

If you've never done it before, I suggest taking it to a watchmaker. Snap some shots while your there. He can also give you an idea of what kind of condition the movement is in. It really easy to slip and scratch the case back if you don't know what you doing.

9. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Oct 20, 2015

Could be busted. You'll want this watch serviced anyways.

Tom