Forums Latest Members
  1. Oceanblue Apr 24, 2018

Greetings. Still new to posting on the forum, and I'll thank you in advance for your expertise. My collecting style over the last couple of years has gravitated towards Omega bumper watches, preferrably from the 40's. I've come across the below sample, 2438-6, from 1944 and would like your opinion on whether the hands are correct. I have a couple others from the 40's and typically see lume filled.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-19...2964615214?epid=665396645&hash=item25f172b02ePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Any insight would be most appreciated.

Kindly,

Patrick

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Apr 24, 2018

Leaf hands are generally correct for this watch.

The pictures on this listing are terrible.

Can’t say any more.
    gatorcpa

3. Radiozoop Apr 24, 2018

That movement looks pretty bad, even for the age of the watch. I have similarly aged pieces that look damn near pristine, so if I were you I would hold off. Patina is great but this watch, imo, has had some water intrusion at some point (dial and movement look that way).

My personal advice with eBay, and online purchasing in general, is that you are buying the seller first and the listing second. As gatorcpa said (Go Gators, btw), those pictures are awful and it looks like the seller didn't put much time into this listing. My second piece of free advice is to always wait until you find the perfect listing/item. You can save more money for a better listing and make sure you get the perfect piece for you that will also retain its resale value.

4. Canuck Apr 24, 2018

That watch faces up quite well, but that movement looks rough! Check out the FOR SALE section of the Omega Message Board. The seller doesn’t accept returns, so that seems to me to be reason enough to keep looking.

5. Bumper Apr 25, 2018

For posterity

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MarktheTime likes this.
  6. Oceanblue Apr 25, 2018

Thanks all for the insightful feedback. I learned something about the hands and do see your point on the movement condition. Time to move on.

MarktheTime likes this.
  7. MarktheTime Mar 3, 2019

Just posted a long lost cousin!

8. MarktheTime Mar 3, 2019

See here for one image, but multiple images posted in a new thread earlier today...

IMG_2335.JPG